The Last Breath Is Coming

It was 1451. On the Manisa's green hills the big beautiful palace were standing. 5 years Sehzade Sultan Mehmet was semi-exiled after his father- Murad II arrival back on the throne. Sultan Murad abdicated in 1444 after his son Aladdin murder. Young Mehmet was seated on the throne at the age of 12. He was preparing the war against Byzantine Empire. Grand Vizier Halil Pasha was afraid of little Padisah ambitions, so he dethronised Mehmet with help of Ishak Pasha. Sultan Murad decided to exile Sehzade Sultan Mehmet to Saruhan in case of rebellion and send with him Mehmet's dear friend- Zagan Pasha with his family. And from that time townspeople only can hear it...

From the saray garden, with lot of flower, palms and lush trees, behind the big, stone fountain, sword strikes were heard. Two best friends have been practising fight. The first one was 19 years old, handsome, young man with very muscular body. He has such attractive face with tanned skin, dark brown hair styled youthful, thigh eyebrows and big brown eyes, which under them straight nose was placed. As you guest, it was Sehzade Mehmet. His company, Zagan Pasha was muscular man too with short beard and blue eyes. He was 7 years older than Mehmet, but this difference didn't outweigh.

- You've lost again, Zagan- said Mehmet with big smile - You should practise more often
- I won't deny, I has got worse in this case- add Zagan with bigger smile

Mehmet was so joyful and he putted his arm on his company's shoulder

- I am a little sad, Zagan, it has been 5 years since I am prisoner in my own sanjak
- Don't be sorrowful, my Sehzade- Zagan Pasha tried to comfort him- Sooner or later, you will be return on the throne as experienced man
- Only Allah knows, Zagan

Mehmet was wiping his sword with tissues and looked at his friends again. He find out that it has been 3 weeks since his sister Fatma arrived to the capital with her children. He was a lite worry about her.

- Zagan! - Mehmet shouted and started to smile- Why are you so afraid, do I sound scary?
- A little bit, Sehzade
- Do you have some news about your children and Fatma? - Mehmet asks
- They are being fine, but I really missed them

Zagan was confused, as a father, who didn't see his dear children for almost month. Only his daughter from 1st marriage, 13 years old Hatice stayed here, but his beloved woman Fatma Sultan and his brave Sultanzade Mehmet with Selcuk Sultan were on the trip in Edirne.

Zagan for a while memorised his life. He's so loyal to his Sehzade. While Mehmet was reigning and he was a little boy, he gave permission to 14 years old Fatma to marry Zagan. They were so in love. Their first child came to the world in 1445, they both agreed to call him "Mehmet" on the glory of Sehzade Sultan Mehmet. Sultanzade is now the apple of his uncle's eye and his son- Sehzade Bayezid's best friend.

By the time in Edirne, capital of Ottoman Empire in very large, brick, almost yellow Palace, Sultan Murad II leads Divan Deliborations. Behind the richly decorated hall with lots of archeries and colums, has built chamber. On the floor were dark wood and in the end big platform, surrounded by columns in the corners of it. In the middle of platform stand throne in which Padisah has been sitting. On his right some men has been standing in specific order.
First was Grand Vizir Candarli Halil Pasha, old, plump man with grey beard. He was a part of Candarli's rhodium, his grandpa, uncle and dad were Grand Viziers too in the past. He was very dedicated for Murat II, they both were pacifists and old man esspacialy for Byzantium Empire.

Next to him Sehzade Ahmed was standing (Murad's middle son with Alime Sultan). Ahmet was 14 years old, light brown haired, short cutted. He wasn't as much handsome as his older brother, but he looks more serious, lots of townspeople thought that he is Sehzade Mehmet, because he really has a looking of 20 years old man.

Next to Sehzade, second grand Vizier was standing, Ishak Pasha. He was just shadow of Halil Pasha, he hasn't got his own opinions.
The third Vizier was in Manisa, yes it was Zagan Pasha, so he wasn't able to be here.
  Behind him Baltaoglu Suleyman Pasha has been standing, he was Kapudan Pasha and he obiedent to take care of flotas and ships.
  Behind him Hamza Bey was standing, he was Bey of Anatolia and meant a lot to Murad II. His late brother Bayezid Pasha was Grand Vizier. Once upon a time he was sent with army to face rebellion of Sehzade Mustafa, uncle of Murad. He allied with last ruler of Smyrna- Junayd Bey. Bayezid was killed during the conversations, but Hamza survived by escaping and after 4 years, he took revange and killed Junayd with his family and he finished enemy's line of Aydinids.
  The last in the row was standing Hassan Agha, commander of Janissaries.
  But on the left of Sultan, the most important lawyer was standing- Shayk hu Islam Molla Fahrettin Efendi and some agha who was writing down the council.

- Hunkarin...- started Halil Pasha
- Speak - said Murad
- There is the time that he's highness Sehzade Ahmet should rule his own sanjak to gain experience

Young Sehzade smiled, he was teen and he has been waiting so long for arrival to sanjak. Management of province means not only experience, but open way to the throne and his own harem and family he could start. He was joyful.
  Murad didn't share his enthusiasm, although it was the time to open the gate of throne, he hasn't got nice experience of sending his sons to sanjaks early. Firstly his oldest son Ahmet was killed in unknown circumstonces, 3 month before Kucuk Ahmet was born and 7 years later his favourite son Aladdin and his grandsons was murdered. Murad just sighted and said: "The time has come to send him to sanjak, I am not deny it, but where, Halil Pasha?"

Sehzade smiled larger and he winked to Halil.

- I has been thinking about Konya or Amasya, hunkarin- Halil pasha answered
- Konya is right, start the preparation, my lion will leave province before spring starts.
- Off course, hunkarin- Halil Pasha accepted his will
- Thank you, Hunkarin-papa - Ahmet kneeled and kissed his father's hand.

But when Sehzade came back to his place, 2nd vizier tried to say a word.

- Hunkarin, we couldn't stop the revolt of Skandeberg- said Ishak Pasha- He has got the power of 10000 soldiers
- How is it possible that some villager are building their own hopeless country on our lands!? - shouted an almost 50 years old man, his anger size up his Vezirs, he shouted some brutal sentences and after that he felt down.

Members of council were terrified, espacially Halil and Ishak. If his ruler die, the throne will be in Mehmet's hand, who they dethronised 5 years ago. 19 years old boy hates them and they exactly knows that his first decision would be make them beheaded. They have got 3 heirs instead of him. First is Ahmet, but he hasn't got any experience. They has been trying for 3 years to send him to sanjak, making him official member of game of the throne, but Murad procrastinated with this decision, which was brought about his son's deaths. The second one was Yusuf, but he was 6 months ago baby and the last one was Orhan, prisoner of Byzantium. He was far cousins of Mehmet, Ahmet and Yusuf, but mentally unstable and womanizer and his ascending would mean the fall of Ottoman Empire. So the two main statesmants goal was make Padisah send Ahmet to sanjak and keep his ruler alive. Every cold of Sultan make them sickness from fear.

- Call the doctor, immediately- Halil Pasha said
- Papa!! - Ahmet shouted, he was scared too. Altough he hasn't got poor relationships with his brother, he knows well that Mehmet is unpredictable and he might order his death.

After sometime guards take Padisah to his chamber and doctor Fehrat Aga looked after him, to the chamber his wifes Mara, Alime and Yeni with his daughter Fatma and her children were burst into his majesty's room with the news of his downfall. Mara Sultan was Serbian Princess, forced to merry Murad. She hasn't loved him, neither did he. Even though Mehmet's mother was Huma Sultan, she loves him and Fatma as her own children, especially after her death. Her goal in the Adrianopol was sit Mehmet on throne once more.
On the other side mother of Ahmet, Alime Sultan. The most cruel and confusing woman in Harem. She didn't trust Mehmet, Fatma or Mara. Her goal was to protect Ahmet from death and make him survive.
Last woman was Yeni, she was mild, her goal was to raised her baby Yusuf well.
Ferhat Agha left the bed and said to the closest of Padisah "It's gout, but not the finishing stadium, without any doubts our Sultan will live a long live", he winked to his friend Mara and he asked everyone to leave, because of his activities on Sultan. Everyone have left.

// I make some edits to make this more pleasant to read. This is historical fiction and not every facts will be one to one true.