Author's Note 🌊

Hi lovelies! ❤️

I'm gonna start this with a few TRIGGER WARNINGS: drowning, dealing with death, panic attacks, dealing with trauma

If you have difficulty or get triggered by reading about any of the above topic, this book might not be the right choice for you -- but feel free to check out any of my other books!  ❤️

This book won't start being updated until August or September of 2023.

I was planning on writing this sooner, BUT I had some unexpected tragedies happen in my life. Considering this book deals with trauma, other than just being a super cute romance story, I wasn't in the right state of mind to do this book justice. Due to that, I'm working on some light-hearted books that will get me back into the writing groove, but don't worry. This book is next on my to-do. 

I actually came up with this idea while watching the 2020 Olympics (2021 realistically, but okay), and it's been living rent-free in my head since then. Random fact, when I was like 13, I won first place with the backstroke and that was my flex for way too long. 

Okay, so this is obviously a college (sports) New Adult romance book but also unlike all of my books so far... it will be mature in themes, and when I say mature, I mean 🔥🔥🔥🔥

After writing a Young Adult book(s) for the past year+, I'm craving some adult stuff at least at the moment. 

So there to have it. 

Add this to your library & reading list if you're excited about it. You can also add it to the library to increase my pressure to finish TWTFIL, that also works. 😂

In light of starting this book at long last, I have supplied a new steamy cover to start with. 

I'd like to thank IvetoR for helping me get the best swimmer image possible.

And violadavis for that fabulous bulge on one of the covers. 🍆

LET'S GO, first chapter dropping sometime in September 2023.

Summary: 

Elsie Lark is a walking paradox. A marine biology student that suffers from severe aquaphobia. Despite her near-crippling fear, she's determined to follow in the footsteps of her late father, a famous marine explorer. Trying out exposure therapy, Elsie starts visiting her college pool. But, just when she makes progress... she slips, hits her head on the side of the pool, and goes under. 

Elsie is certain this is the end of the line for her. Until a pair of strong, steady arms, and painfully soft lips bring her back from the darkness. 

The only thing Ethan Monroe cares about is qualifying for the 2024 Olympics in Paris. He's more at home in the pool than on solid ground. And despite being almost a celebrity on campus, he avoids people, preferring the silence of water over a crowd. Imagine his surprise, though, when his usually peaceful training session turns into a rescue mission once he finds a girl drowning in his pool. 

After resuscitating her, Ethan thinks the girl will thank him and be on her way. What he doesn't expect is for her to follow him around like a puppy, begging him to help her get over her fear of water. 

With training and family pressure, Ethan doesn't have time for anything else. But Elsie's infectious, bubbly determination - and promise to tutor him in Marine Zoology - cracks his resolve and he accepts. 

However, the sizzling attraction between them might be a bigger problem than he expected... and change them both in ways neither of them is prepared for.