Chapter- 9

I still have exams till Friday but I'll try to finish this today. My life a mess rn.

"Huh?" I questioned. "Can we go to the rooftop?" Jisung asked me. I really wanted to go home and sleep. I didn't get much sleep last night and I wanted to make up for it. But it seemed that would not be happening anytime soon. "Okay…" I answered reluctantly. 

We arrived at the rooftop. The breeze gently hit my face as I took a deep breath. We went over to a bench and sat there, the view was breathtaking, all the tall buildings and the cars looked so tiny from here. The people appeared as if they were the same size as ants. 

There was a brief silence before he decided to finally speak up. "The view from up here is nice huh?" He asked. "Yeah" I answered. "So...what did you want to talk about?" I asked, feeling somewhat impatient. I have a feeling I know what he was gonna talk about. 

"About us, about Minho, and about you," He said. Bingo! "You don't have to explain yourself, Ji, I know you still loved him and he loves you too. It's not wrong to love someone," I let out. 

"No no! it's not like that. That's exactly why I called you here. I don't love Minho anymore, I mean, of course, I love him as a friend but I don't romantically love him. I don't love him like you love him." He let out a groan feeling frustrated while I was flabbergasted. 

"What? You don't?" I questioned. "Yeah, Seungmin. Let me explain it from the top," Jisung said as I nodded. 

"I was depressed, I was stressed out and my anxiety was really bad. Our comeback did wonderfully well and I was happy, yet now I felt that I have to always do well, write songs and I had to come up with new ideas and they had to be great. I know Chan hyung and Changbin hyung were there too but I couldn't help but worry. And I know I should've talked to someone about it but I couldn't bring myself to do it. Everyone was working so hard and was busy with their own lives. I didn't want to worry or disturbed anyone so I kept quiet."

"One day Minho hyung came up to me and asked me if I was okay, of course, I lied and said yes. But then he asked me again, telling me he knew I was lying and that I was doing a horrible job at it. And at that moment, I couldn't hold it anymore and I cried. I told him everything and he comforted me...it was as if time had turned back and we were it in the past. After begging him to not tell anyone about it, he finally agreed. 

My anxiety was getting really really bad and having Minho there was comforting, he would try and help me with what I was struggling with and it really helped and I'm thankful to him for that. But it's not the same anymore. Even if there was a feeling of familiarity, it was not the same. There was no more romantic feeling, there was no more urge to kiss him. It was just a friend taking care of a friend. Nothing was going on between us like you thought," Jisung explained. 

I was feeling so many emotions yet the biggest ones were happiness and guilt. How could I have been so selfish when all Minho did was help a friend? I am such a shitty person. But wait- "But you two kissed. Didn't you?" I asked, confused.

"Yeah about that. I uuhhh. I was having a panic attack and he just kissed me to calm me down. He used to do that when we were in a relationship and I guess he did it out of habit," Jisung explained again.

"Oh…I see…" I was so caught up with my own thoughts and emotions that I didn't even notice the tear falling down my cheeks. "But I don't think he loves me anymore...especially after all that happened…" I sniffed.

 Why am I always so sensitive when it comes to Minho?

"Seungmin, Minho loves you. In fact, he has been trying to get back with you for a long time. You just didn't let him explain," Jisung rubbed circles on my back and he hugged me comfortingly. "You think so?" I asked. It felt like I was just dreaming, yet it all made sense. (To me at least.😔 it's 3 in the morning, please have mercy on me and pretend it does even if it doesn't.)

"Of course Seung, he's just waiting for you to let him explain," Jisung answered. "No go get your man," He said as he finally let go of the hug. "He's probably done with his shooting by now," Jisung informed me as he smiled at me. I mouthed a 'thank you' before running off to see him, to see the one I've been crying over for months, the one who I missed so much. The one I love.

The Lee Minho

Thank you for reading!
And Happy belated Birthday to our precious maknae.<3

(Took it while I was giving my exam.) He was a bit distracting but gave me the strength to pick up my pen and write the answers on the paper while inhaling and exhaling. So thank you for that Innie.🍀