5💝

Nazar Chahti Hai Deedar Karna,

Dil Chahta Hai Pyaar Karna,

Kya Bataoon Is Dil Ka Aalam,

Nasib Me Likha Hai Intezar Karna

Marriage was not a thing of externality. It was something personal, the eternal bond of soulmates. It wasn't something related to religion, family or finance, it was a bond between two souls that could look through each other. Those were Yumna's thoughts as she signed away the Nikkah papers. A chorus of greeting followed after the Nikkah was finally completed.

Zaviyar and Yumna were not supposed to be soulmates. But they were arranged to be one.

Never had she imagined that she would have mehendi in the name of a person who wasn't Yawar. Nobody asked her to forget him, not even Zaviyar for he understood what first love felt like.

Looking at her mother's old gharara that she was wearing, a bit of nostalgia hit her as she remembered her parents who had passed away when she was sixteen. The grief of not having your parents in your big moments makes you sad.

And when she was kick starting her life again, their absence bothered her more.

"Are you okay?" Mushk whispered to her. Yumna looked at her Bhabhi and gave her a reassuring smile. Rayyan and Mushk, her pillars of strength. The only ones who give her the courage to fight her battles. Little Hamza cooed as he flailed his arms to reach his mother's neck. Yumna gently squished his cheeks and spoke to him in a baby voice.

"Bhabhi, can you please feed him? It's his dinner time already." She politely asked her.

"On it, Captain!" Mushk gave a small salute before picking up Hamza and strode down the hall to a separate room.

Soon Rayyan helped Yumna to the center stage where Zaviyar was sitting. With deep anticipation and fear, she sat beside him, trying not to look towards him and make it awkward.

Rayyan squeezed her shoulder and then left them alone on the center stage. Plastering a fake smile on their face, they did not speak to each other for a while as everything was awkward for them.

"I am nervous," Zaviyar muttered.

Yumna, who had heard him finally speak for the first time today, said, "Me too. I have taken a huge risk,"

"I know you're scared," he said. "But like I had said that day on call, I will try to be a good husband and even a better father. Hamza is my son now. Don't be worried, Yumna. Everyone's going to treat him like a prince," Somewhere Yumna knew that the Khan family had welcomed Hamza and her with open arms. She had seen the way Fardeen and Ahmed cared for Hamza as their own grandchild. She had seen the way Zaviyar's younger brothers were treating her child. But more than that she wanted Zaviyar's attention and love for Hamza.

She knew he would take time to develop a relationship with him but words weren't enough and actions mattered. She wanted to see where this relationship would go.

She still wondered what made her say yes that day when Rayyan came to talk to her about the proposal that came for her. They had a long debate about it. But in the end, Rayyan had hit the nail in the coffin. The need of both parents was something so important for the development of your child. It was something that she couldn't ignore. She was there in Hamza's place once, albeit a bit older but she knew what it was like to miss your parents during the tender ages of your life.

She didn't want Hamza to miss the warmth of a father. So she did what was right at that moment. Call Zaviyar. She recalled the day when they spoke to each other before giving a go to their arranged marriage.