Chapter 2 - A day like any other

Chae Rin's POV

"I'll meet you there, I had to go home first because I forgot my wallet" I told Cheong San, it had been 3 minutes but why did he ask so many questions...
"It's not like you ever pay, why are you acting like you do?"
"Ya... I do pay... when your mom allows me to sneak it" I huff while he snickers.
"Whatever, hurry up. We're almost at the restaurant"
"Chae ya, hurry up, or I'll eat them without you" I hear Gyeong Su's voice in the back.
"Don't you dare! I'm on my way"  she said, quickly hanging up the phone as her trip home is cut short, and she only has time to grab a hair tie and her wallet before running out the door.

Upon arrival, I hurriedly sit at the end of the table between Cheong San and On Jo, and just in time as his mom brings out two huge trays of fried chicken, making everyone but Cheong San excitedly cheer.
"Here it is!" Ms. Lee said putting the plates down, my eyes widen, but I still laugh, cheering for the food.~
"This is so much" Gyeong Su says clapping.
"Thank you for the food!"all of us said, ready to dig in.

"Why so much?" Cheong San asks, I kick him under the table.
"Don't complain!" I scold, pointing my fork at him.
"On Jo and Chae Rin eat a lot" She said with a smile.
"I don't eat a lot. I eat well" On Jo defended, I hummed with a nod.
"Oh, that's what I like the best" she said with a smile "Gyeong Su eat a lot too" and him over cloud 9 agreed digging in.
"A-Sak you too!" She said, patting her shoulder, I smiled as I helped On Jo break apart her chicken.

"It's I-Sak, not A-Sak" the sweet girl said.
"Did you change your name?" to which the girl just laughed, the older woman later joining in on.
"Mom, don't change someone else's name. Change the restaurant's name. Why are you using my name?" Cheong San said, annoyed.
"It was called that before you were born" She replied in the same tone.
"Exactly! You named me after the restaurant. I don't like --" I kicked him harder.

"Ah! Why'd you hit me?!" He said with a wince.
"What'd I say?"
"Don't complain..." He replied.
"Besides, It has authenticity" I said to which both everyone including Cheong San's mother agreed.
"Listen to Chae Rin, she knows best" Gyeong Su said, jokingly going to hit him.

As the night went on, we all tasted the chicken, Gyeong Su offering himself as a delivery boy which was respectfully declined by Mrs. Lee seeing as we were high school students who needed to study, On Jo was frontal about the taste, calling the chicken Salty, although tasty, making us all laugh.
And as she left to tell her husband the comments, both me and Gyeong Su put our cups near Cheong San, who just... filled On Jo's cup and forgot ours.

And then the conversation shifted to the science teacher, his smell, his actions, his son... I had remembered the day he hurriedly left the classroom after quickly writing everything in the chalk board, but I was still confused and had even commented on it with Nam Ra, my seatmate.

"They say he was a genius." I-Sak said
" And geniuses often go crazy"  On Jo commented, throughout this conversation I had been quite simply listening to their points as I tried to make my own views on it.
"I guess you never have to worry about going crazy" I snickered at Cheong San's comment, almost choking on my chicken as On Jo shot daggers at both of us.
"Hey, are you two looking down on me?" he asked seriously, I hurriedly shook my head.
"Never, I think you're smarter than Einstein" I smiled innocently, she retorted with a smack in the shoulder as I faked hurt.

"Ya, ya, let's go, we're going to be late for the test!" I alert them picking up my stuff, not forgetting to ask for some leftovers as we leave.
As we all run into the streets, I bump into Gyeong Su jokingly, which he returns playfully.
"Race you up the stairs" I teased.
"We just ate!!" He yells, but still we both race, getting to the top as a winner I cheer bumping fists with I-Sak, turning around to celebrate with On Jo when I noticed neither her nor Cheong San came up.

I hear a yelp with wincing and finally On Jo is coming up, an annoyed expression on her face as the wincing from the bottom of the stairs continues.
"What happened?" I ask confused.
"We're friends with an idiot" she mumbled, all of us snicker at the comments, my arm going over her shoulders as we head to school.