5.

The girls are right. As school ends I go straight to the exit doors.
I get excited when I remember the unopened ice cream tub at home.

As I walk out of the doors I suddenly feel someone pull me away.

I've been pulled into a empty classroom.
Someone puts the lights on and I get to see the person.

The person just happens to be an inch from my face.

"Jake!" I stumble away. I shouldn't be here.

"I'm dissapointed Jen. I thought you promised to let me speak", Jake speaks sounding dissapointed.

"I changed my mind", I reply trying to find a way out of the room.

Jake takes a few quick steps and grabs my hands.
"A promise is a promise Jen."

"Make it quick then."

Jake pulls me to a seat and sits on the opposite side.

He takes a deep breath before starting. "I still like you."

I let out a weird sound feeling even more uncomfortable.
"I don't like you."

"What if I take care of the speaking", Jake asks sounding a little annoyed. I nod.

"I know I treated you like shit before, but I still cared about you. I was the happiest when I was with you, you always made my bad days good."

The memory of Jake smiling when I was at his place the last time flashes in my head...

"The time I was together with Rebecca... well, it made me realize just how much I was attached to you."

"Jake...", I know the words are beautiful, but I just can't trust him anymore.

"Can you give me a second chance, Jen?"

"I can... not...", I say feeling a little dizzy.

I raise my gaze from my knees to Jake's face. He looks sad, pleading.

Jake, why can't you just let me get over you?!

Without realizing I lean closer to Jake's face. I'm able to see his freckles this close again. His bright green eyes are looking at me, confused.

His lips...
Jake leans closer too and our lips almost touch...

I get back to my senses.
Slowly backing away I take a look at Jake's expression.

He looks pleased.
"You seem to still like me?" Jake whispers.

I almost run out of the room. I stop only when I'm far away from the school building.

What the heck just happened?

I only know one thing for sure: Celia and Vivie can't know about this.

...

It bugs me the whole night, the next morning and through all my lessons.

I'm already leaving the building when I remember what day it is.

I have a date with Ethan!

I almost shout it out loud.
When I reach the classroom I knock on the door.

Ethan opens the door and smiles when he notices me.

"Hi."

"You ready?"

"More than ready!" I answer grinning as I grab his hand.

It doesn't seem to bother him so we make our way towards the exit hand in hand.

We end up in a cute cafe and order some coffee.

"Well, tell me something about yourself", Ethan starts the conversation.

"I... like to study... and... watch movies," I reply immediately regretting. Really now? I like to study. He's gonna think you're a nerd dumbass.

"Oh really? That's interesting, not many people enjoy dying inside", I blush madly. Ethan burst laughing.
"Just kidding, just kidding. Have you thought about teaching? Like me?"

I let out a laugh and shake my head.
"I'm not interested in teaching, it's just that when I'm studying I don't have to think about anything else. I use it to clear my mind."

Ethan takes a sip of his coffee and nods. He looks cute.

"What about you?"

"I just take photos when I have time, I don't really have hobbies. But I recently watched this one movie, I thought you might also like it..."

We talk for almost two hours and Ethan promises to take his camera with him next time so we can take some photos.