Chapter 11(Aaron POV): The Scandal

Chapter 11

Aaron’s POV

            I awoke to the sudden fight raging below. I groaned loudly and glanced at my clock, 3:00. Typical. I unraveled the navy plaid blanket that tangled my long legs and sat up. My eyes still crusty from sleep and my body still stiff. I looked through the dusty, musky window and saw the shaded dark sky with clouds that were hard to pick out. I groaned again as I got up and took heavy steps to the staircase — that was until the whole house shook and my back crashed against a nearby wall. I bit my lip and winced slightly, feeling my back for what seemed to be seeping through the cloth of black t-shirt, blood.

            Those bastards… I thought still aching from the pain. My back now aching like hell refrained me from running through the door the door and jumping down the flight of stairs, but obviously that didn’t stop me. I walked slowly towards the door and swung it open. I’ve had enough of this shit.

            I jumped down the flight of stairs that separated my parents and I. I landed with a large thump that was ignored by my parents. I saw mom’s long black hair clotted with blood and dad’s baldhead with spots of blood. I groaned quietly and looked over at the wall. Punch the wall. I bit my lip in uncertainty but my eyes danced with flecks of gold — it was to get my parents attention…

            “No one wants to hear your fucked up mouth utter another words, Millennium!” Mom shouted. That was the last straw.

            I punched a nearby wall making blood spatter over the dried blood stain from…oh let’s say, yesterday. The scent of my rusty blood drifted through the light, stuffy breeze cased in this messed up house. My parents faced me with blood red eyes — now I was the kill.

            “Shut up and have some god damn consideration for your kid! How can an adolescent get any sleep around here?” I shouted with fury and punched the wall again, this time shaking the house. My back still aching like hell screamed at me painfully. Slowly I unfurled my long, gigantic black wings, yeah you heard me right, wings. “If an adolescent demon is supposed to get 12 hours of sleep every day — which I haven’t bastards — well their parents are fighting, how can I?”

            Dad grabbed my shirt and flung me across the room, I flew away weakly trying to prevent the blood that would pool this house. If there was one thing I learned about through my whole life of being a demon; your parents have no mercy for you and they could kill you in an instant. That’s why half of the population of demons, (ranging from the age of twelve to nineteen) live with one another. Sadly I don’t know any demons that live in Vancouver so I guess I’m dead on that thought.

            “His blood would be good right?” Mom smiled. Dad nodded in agreement and slashed my rip cage. I winced slightly and gripped my rip cage area. Mom’s venomous teeth grew painfully through her gums (that spurted blood everywhere) and attempted to kill my blood — or maybe even me.

            I flew over them and stumbled up the stairs. “I’m done here! Watch me leave, watch me be one of the many orphaned demons!”

            Then just like that through flying away from my bloodlust parents and gashing them with a pocketknife, my small stuffy room emptied and two large bags filled with all the necessary. I swung the patio door open and stood on the railing. I had no idea how much or how little blood I have left but if I faint I’m just hoping it’s anybody but Wren.