Chapter Twenty-One

Tour started about four weeks ago, and it was going great

Tour started about four weeks ago, and it was going great. Lorelei could not be more proud of her friends—plus Harry. She had been invited to join them on tour and was ecstatic. She had been much more ecstatic when she was offered an apprentice job with Marlow, the makeup artist on tour. This meant that she could continue her studies while touring the country with her boyfriend.

It was a win-win!

So far, Lorelei had been having a great time, from going on random dates with her boyfriend to watching said boyfriend do what he loved. How could she not? The apprenticeship made it even better. When she heard the news, she immediately went numb, shock taking over her features as she squeezed Harry into an impossibly tight hug. As Marlow's shadow, she was basically a second pair of hands. They worked together to get the boys ready for the shows each night.

A knock on her — and Harry's — hotel door released her attention from her laptop, where she was sending her weekly update to her teacher. She got up from the large bed and opened the door, smiling brightly when she was met with a familiar face.

"Hey, what's up?" She asked, opening her door wider to let the girl in.

"I'm bored," Calla said, entering the room, "It's so weird to not have a show." She made herself comfortable on the large sofa that sat in the corner of the room.

Calla was a stage helper, meaning she worked with the props, lighting, and sound. She dabbled in a little bit of everything but was usually seen helping with the props since, according to her, it was the "easiest thing on earth". She and Lorelei quickly become friends due to their shared love for art.

She was a dark skin girl with black dreads that was usually styled into two ponytails. She had a few tattoos, the most prominent ones being the three eyes that ran down her chest. She also usually wore a gold nose ring, as well as an amethyst crystal necklace that had caught Lorelei's eye the first time they met.

They met a day before the first show at Portland, Oregon. Calla was helping move some props onto the bus, and Harry was showing her around. They bumped into each other, causing the box she was hauling to topple on the ground. They had both apologized severely before Lorelei helped her put the items back in the box.

"I know," Lorelei nodded, "But at least we get some time to ourselves." Instead of the usual one day they usually had off, they had five days.

She had spent a better part of their break going on dates with Harry and visiting every tourist spot they could, after all, they were in Washington DC. She and Harry had made it a habit to go on at least one date every time they visited a new state.

Calla groaned, "I've had enough time off."

As Lorelei opened her mouth to speak, another knock resonated through the room. She marched over to the door and swung it open.

"Oh my god! There you are," Mari said before muttering to herself, "I told them they should have checked her room first."

"Hey, what's up?" Lorelei asked, going back to her spot on the bed. Mari followed her in, freshly dyed hair swinging behind her. She greeted Calla with a smile and then flopped onto Lorelei's bed like it was hers.