3 ~ A Midsummer Night

~ ❀Frisk❀ ~

           "Eh? Isn't that Asriel over there?"

I glanced up from a stand filled with lovely artwork to look where Clover was pointing. Sure enough, the familiar goat monster was standing at Miss Toriel's pie stand with Dess.

"Well, isn't he Mr. Observant," Chara grumbled, glaring down at his crossed arms. He blew fruitlessly at a new collection of dust stuck to his sweater. 

...Yeah, I still can't figure out how a ghost could manage to get covered in dirt. 

Chara glared at me, looking thoroughly unamused. "Well, I most certainly wasn't dragged halfway across the festival, was I? I am utterly positive you wouldn't be so negligent as to allow for that to happen." 

I smiled sheepishly. 'I didn't mean to, Chara. Are you still upset about that?'

Chara rolled his eyes and began patting at his sweater sleeves. Little clouds of dust were dispatched into the air around him, somehow causing him to cough. "I am quite sure you didn't 'mean to'. After all, I'm only just the ghost - the thing - that follows you around, right?" 

Finding this to be a dangerous question, I deemed it best not to answer.  

"Coward," Chara muttered.

"Hey, Azzy!" I exclaimed, walking over to Miss Toriel's pie stand. Clover hesitated for a moment, assumedly unsure whether to follow me. Things are still a little awkward between him and Asriel for reasons you can likely guess. Nowadays, he seems unsure what to think of him after actually meeting Asriel. The real Asriel. 

"Huh? Oh, what's up, Frisk?" Asriel looked over to watch Chara and I as we walked over. Er, he couldn't see Chara, but- well, I think you get the point by now.

"Just making sure nobody blows something up. Hi, Dess!" I grinned, stopping in front of the stand next to the reindeer girl. Chara stared down the pie on the counter with a pale look on his face.

"Hello, Frisk! Is that one of the fallen humans over there? C'mere!" Dess waved over Clover despite the uncomfortable expression on his face. Asriel looked similarly disquieted, but was attempting to keep an unbothered expression on his face. Dess, as you can likely guess, seemed entirely oblivious to any of this. 

Once he'd made it over to us, Clover gave the goat monster an awkward wave. "How's it going, Fl- Asriel?" he greeted, quickly correcting himself. He nervously leaned down on my shoulder, smiling warily. 

Chara looked up from the pie and observed this interaction with a raised eyebrow. "Clover, the justice soul, attempting polite conversation with Asriel? Oh, how the world has ended!"

I rolled my eyes and didn't grace Chara's comment with a response. Instead, I glanced over to the stand beside us. Sans was selling people his infamous catdogs with fries lathered in ketchup. It didn't matter whether they even wanted the ketchup, let alone fries, they were going to get it. I sighed, shaking my head at the guy I call my 'guardian'. I consider him to be an uncle/father figure of a sorts - father because he keeps an eye out for me and keeps me in check if need-be, and uncle because he's the literal definition of the weird uncle - but, as I'm not adopted by him and Paps and/or blood related, I have to call him my guardian. On paper at least. 

"Real good... yup." Asriel stared at the counter, an awkward silence following. Dess bit into a piece of pie she was holding and watched the growing awkwardness between the two boys, appearing vaguely amused. She doesn't know what happened between the two of them, so their unease is probably weird to her.