4 | Mini Mall

The next day in school, Ivy, Miguel, and Demetri sat in the library with their textbooks in front of them.

After the events of last night, Ivy had been thinking over her words and realized that she had overreacted.

Majorly.

"Vi, when was the Declaration of Independence signed?" Demetri said as he looked up at the girl. "Exactly."

"August 2nd, 1776." She said.

"Which country did the US buy Alaska from?" Miguel said.

"Russia." Ivy said without looking up, writing down science notes in her binder.

"Who was the first woman to make a million dollars in the United States?" Demetri said.

"Madam C.J. Walker."

"Which two two Native American leaders led Lakota Sioux and Cheyenne warriors in the fight against Lieutenant Colonel George Custer's troops in the Battle of Little Bighorn?" Miguel said, curious to see just how much she knew.

"Crazy Horse and Sitting Bull."

"What was the first state to legalise same-sex marriage?"

"Massachusetts."

Both boys looked at each other, their mouths slightly open as they raised their eyebrows.

"English, English." Demetri said as he and Miguel fished around in their bookbags, taking out "In Depth Poetry for Freshmen."

Ivy smirked as she overheard their conversation, quickly switching her brain into English mode.

"What is the longest poem in Old English?" Miguel asked, dragging his finger along the page as he read.

"Beowulf."

"How many lines are in a sonnet?" Demetri asked.

"14." Ivy replied as she pursed her lips and copied down science notes.

"What do you call the first eight lines of a sonnet?"

"An octave."

"The poem "I Wandered Lonely as a Cloud" by William Wordsworth was inspired by what flower?"

"Daffodil."

Miguel reached over and lifted Ivy's arm out of the way, searching to make sure that she wasn't cheating.

"I'm not cheating, I'm just a god at English and History."

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

Ivy walked into the dealership with Daniel directly behind her, her shoulders slouched in aggravation.

"Dad, please." She groaned. "I'm sorry for what I said, I apologized and even cleaned my room."

"Cleaning your room is not going to erase the fact that you disrespected your mother and I." Daniel said as he and Ivy approached the front desk where Robby was sitting.

"It's not you as much as it is Sam and Anthony." Ivy said.

"Didn't your punishment end last week?" Robby said, confused as to why she was there.

"It did, but I fucked up last night." Ivy said, causing Daniel to gasp.

"Ivy! Watch your language."

Robby laughed, making a small smile to make its way onto Ivy's face.

"Robby, I'm going to leave Ivy with you." Daniel said. "I have something to do and I can't take her along."