I didn't want to think of how future events would unfold if the masters decided to keep her. I remembered Marina implying that I should feel thankful because Natalia caused us to meet in a way but I couldn't, I could only think of how difficult she would try to make my life from that point onward. It was curious how much I found myself disliking her considering that we had never really been introduced. I gathered all of my distaste for her by watching her from afar and she most likely disliked me from Marina's confessions alone.

And she didn't even know I killed the boy yet.

I was glad Felix and Jane were to be with me, I didn't trust myself completely to not simply end the girl during our first interaction. I became too unnerved just thinking about her.

When she did arrive Felix and I were in the reception hall to receive her and Jane.

"I believe you had a much more pleasant flight than I did" were the first words my sister offered me and I laughed joylessly.

"I would think so."

She then went on to tell us how the girl tried to escape at any apparent opportunity and wouldn't stop complaining during the entire duration of the transatlantic flight.

I felt more and more sorry for her as she spoke.

"And then" my sister concluded with a tired sigh "she wouldn't stop asking about your beloved and the human boy she had taken to Rio."

Natalia flinched as she heard Jane's choice of words to refer to Marina and frowned at me.

"Should have snapped her neck, sister. I hardly believe her gift is worth such an annoyance."

The human girl scowled at me with a delicious mixture of offense and terror. She opened her mouth but managed to close it without making a sound.

"I just wanted to be safer rather than sorry. She could be useful to the masters."

God, I sincerely hope not.

"Where are Marina and Luke?" Natalia asked in a raspy whisper, her arms crossed tightly around her. I noticed that she was still dressed too lightly for the new weather just like Marina was when she arrived.

I felt a smile spreading across my face.

I walked to her with deliberate calm and watched as she tried not to back away from me. When I stopped in front of her she lifted her chin defiantly as if to show me she was not scared or intimidated but I could hear her heartbeat getting out of control and I could smell her fear.

I inhaled deeply to properly appreciate it.

"Marina is resting. She was very tired."

Her eyes searched mine for the answer to the other part of her question and after broadening my smile I happily gave it to her.

"The other one is dead. I killed him myself."

She screamed and threw herself at me, hands closed in tight fists. Felix had her before she could even think of actually touching me.

"That was gratuitous" Jane scolded me but I paid her little attention. I had my eyes on the human gone wild in Felix's arms.

"This one needs a leash," he joked.

Her screams of anger gradually became desperate cries and hot tears bathed her face.

"You fucking demons!" Her long hair covered her face like a thick veil and she sobbed uncontrollably. "Filthy monsters, the whole lot of you!"