Chapter 4 - "Now there's two soap people?!"

After a while Joe came back with a Guard. The guard was leading a short human with long white hair in a ponytail. They had copper colored eyes. Joe stepped back and so did the guard. Kat came over to the Test Subject with the red-orange colored soap. "You're going to be fine," Kat said reassuringly to the Test Subject. She was about to put some soap onto their hands when Chelsea rushed in. Kat jumped and the soap fell down to the ground, spilling. Chelsea slipped on it and fell into the red-orange soap. "OH-" Kat shrieked and stepped back. Chelsea started to become the same red-orange color that the soap was, and soon enough they looked exactly like Kat, but instead of mint colors, it was red-orange and yellow. There was also yellow glowing horns. Chelsea looked up, growling in annoyance. "I'm sorry! I didn't see you come in-" Kat said. "Well, I guess we are BOTH working on a cure now, AREN'T we?" Chelsea hissed, getting up. All the soap that had spilled onto the ground had now been absorbed as fur and mostly just soap onto Chelsea. "Anyways... This is yet another new Gootraxian, so we should name it." Chelsea sighed. "Maybe it can be something close to Feizao because their both soap Gootraxians? How about... Fashui? It means shampoo in Chinese, and shampoo and soap are both cleaning substances..." Joe said. "Oh my god, Joe your a genius!" Kat said "Fashui it is."

A couple of hours passed by as Chelsea, Joe and Kat were planning on making new Gootraxians, new substances and working on a cure. An announcement was heard:

"All scientists, guards, and janitors must get rest at 10:00. We all need rest for some experiments tomorrow."

Kat sighed. "I'll see you guys tomorrow I guess." She waved at Chelsea and Joe as they left. Kat went back to her desk. Maybe she could just work on it a little bit more.

Kat ended up working the entire night. She felt like she was going to fall asleep right on her desk. Joe came in. "Holy guacamole- You look... Very tired- Did you get any sleep?" Joe said, eyes wide. "No." Kat grumbled. "'Been working. I need to find out how to make the cure..." She mumbled. Kat had a new soap bottle in her paws. She had put multiple different chemicals in it. Now she just needed to test it on a subject. "Joe can you get another test subject...?" She said. "Alright, but at least take a nap, alright?" Joe said, then walking out of the room. Kat stared at the soap, starting to doze off. She snapped back to being awake and looked over at Joe, a guard, and a Shork Gootraxian Test Subject. Kat came over with the soap bottle, and squirted it onto the Gootraxian's paws. It formed around the Shork much like what it did to Kat and Chelsea. Nothing happened. "Give it time," Kat said, sitting back down. About five minutes passed. The Shork screeched and fell to it's knees. Kat got up, watching. Joe was watching from afar, vaguely curious. Glowing purple veins reached up from it's belly to it's eyes, and even to it's paws. Kat had also been working on something to counteract all the chemicals she put into the soap, so she grabbed that and poured it on the Shork. As curious as she was, she didn't want to put their life at risk.

Slowly the vein's disappeared. The Shork was panting from the pain that had caused. Kat felt bad now... Maybe she shouldn't have done that. Obviously it wasn't a cure, nor did it do anything but cause them pain. "Uh... Please put the Shork back in it's containment-" She mumbled, going back to her desk to work on the modified soap substance. Kat tried to figure out why it had caused such pain- and what was up with the purple veins?

She spent 5 hours straight working into this. Joe had gone to have lunch with Chelsea. Kat got up and called out the hallway, "Can a guard get me a Buck Test Subject please?" When the guard came in with a male Buck Gootraxian Kat grabbed a pair of goggles. The goggles had three lenses and slots, and they had black inserts in the slots as well. The insert were shaped as a star. The soap was glowing a bright purple, the same color as the Buck's horns and eyes. Kat poured the glowing soap into the star-inserts on the goggles, one by one. She then put the lenses on and secured them. She came over to the Buck and put the goggles on their face. The Buck immediately screamed. Kat stepped back, worried, but she had to know what happened. The same purple veins that had arrived on the Shork now appeared on the Buck, but only on the sides of the belly. Dark grey (darker then the Buck's fur) formed as leaf veins on their ears and paws. Side spikes came from the outer part of the Buck's arms. Large, terrifying teeth instead of the normal cat mouth of the Buck. And finally, the tail turned into a lizard-like tail. The Buck screeched one more time and fell down. They were shaking. Maybe this was a bad idea after all... It hadn't been exactly the cure that Kat was working on, but she was merely curious to see what would happen, because the veins that had appeared on the Shork were much like the color on the Buck... she was just curious...

The Buck's head turned up to look at Kat, and their goggles flashed glowing purple.