Chapter 28: Finally a Trickle

Sometime during the drive, Hunter had fallen asleep. For just those moments, he looked so peaceful. Like a deep slumber had taken over. I could tell, my breaths matched his, as we continued down the road. 

I tried my best not to keep looking at him. 

Kirsa opened the and closed the car door with a loud slam as she exited the vehicle. Quickly stepping over to where Hunter slept as we carried him into Mik's place. 

The door was already wide open; she gazed at us from the distance, resting against the frame. Wearing a bright green head covering as if to create a beacon for the way we were to follow to get to her. As we got closer I noticed even her clothes was not night clothing, but instead something more uncomfortable. A heavier brown skirt, and a blouse. Even a tank top underneath, barely visible in the moonlight. 

How she already expected us. I do not care. 

It was nice to have someone to go to. Even if a little strange. 

We got inside, Mik closed the door shut and immediately ran off to somewhere else. I could hear a whistling sound, and smell plants. So I guess she is probably making tea. As fast as we could, we placed Hunter down on the closest couch. 

Almost immediately he woke up. Stifling a yawn as he sat up and glared at all and everything. His hands gripping against his knees so tense that I could see the definition in his knuckles.  

"Finally." Kirsa complained. 

I wasn't in the mood to laugh- but give her a knowing look at the comment. 

She smiled, not as unsettled as I was, obviously.  Or at least that's what I told myself. 

Hunter's grimace stifled any noise from either of us almost instantly. I no longer had that liquid, and therefore no longer had anything that could give me an advantage of him. Ignoring matters of the heart that is. Yet, I was under that same weakness, and to use it against him might reveal that. 

 Even after he basically saved me again, I wasn't ready for it. 

His hand somehow made its way onto my leg. Gently resting there. 

I don't know if I'll ever be ready to admit how I feel. Can't I just ignore it a little bit longer? Crush it further in my chest. 

My gaze turns to the wall with the painting of the family Mik had once had. The woman amongst the ripped picture. This person she was close to, that she'd obviously lost in some manner. Each tear at the paper a sign of so much pain. 

 I could feel it in my throat. The ache. Our relationship would be no different. That was the one thing I was sure of now. We would only bring eachother hurt. Hunter and I. 

But I was stuck. My finger's slowly grasped one of his. Tracing it to memory. 

In my greed, I couldn't let go. 

Kirsa's staggered breath brought me back to the moment. Her shimmering eyes lowered just enough to show she was hiding back tears. Flashes of memories of what just recently occurred to her brushed into my thoughts. I pulled my hand away from Hunter's

He immediately grabbed it back. Under a deep sigh, he whispered with a hint of anger, just one word. 

"No."

It was enough.

I left my hand there, in his grip. 

"The remnants of that pull really is an inconvenience-" Mik commented; Hunter growled loudly as soon as the words left her lips. Mik placed the tea pot in the middle of the room on the table. "too bad, it doesn't really clear up like with them, even after..." Hunter's grip tightened around my hand. So much it stung slightly. He threw Mik a threatening gaze. 

She just nodded at him. 

"I guess that's why your so like this, keep the glare and I'll keep talking."

Suddenly Hunter's gaze softened. I could tell he was still angered though, as my hand still hurt due to him not loosening his. 

I tried to relax. Taking in a deep breath and shooting a smile at Kirsa. Wiggling my fingers just enough in hopes Hunter got the hint. 

His grip released. As his hand moved away from mine, I could see that my fingers where red. It really got me thinking of how we both saw the same picture when it came to "us", yet we both definitely had different viewpoints on how to handle it. 

Eventually we'll be on the same page, just depending on who gives in to who. 

Kirsa gave me a small wave, and I laughed nervously back. 

What the hell, why am I thinking of this stuff now? I'm not even sure if my thoughts are making any sense. 

"Have some tea Ara." 

Mik handed me a small cup. Some leaves scattered around the golden shimmering liquid. 

"Thanks Rabbi Mik."

As I drank, I watched Kirsa and Hunter grab some cups too and also begin drinking. Mik instead was chewing on something, I wasn't sure what. 

We drank in silence, but only for a second's time. 

Before I knew it, Hunter was speaking once more. 

"Kirsa, you need to leave my city."

If I didn't know better, I'd dare to throw this damn tea on him. 

I could feel my voice raise "N-", but then Kirsa cut me off with her hand. 

She placed her cup down, and calmly spoke. 

"Fuck no."

*****Hope all are doing good. sorry if I posted this song twice it's one of my favorites!!!! Enjoy. I will be posting more chapters for this story too specifically as it's getting pretty close along.  :D *****