Chapter 6: Are You Up For It?

Kat stood on the bridge, keeping track of the Face Trace, making sure to keep an eye on the progress on finding Clint, when she overheard a quiet conversion.

"I mean, if it's not too much trouble." Coulson whispers, the embarrassment radiating off of him.

The girl silently snickered, peeking over towards him, sending a disapproving look his way.

"No-no, its fine." Steve replies, a bit amused, though unbothered by the man's request.

After a moment of silence, Coulson added, "It's a vintage set. Took me a couple years to collect them all. Near mint, slight foxing around the edges, but—"

Before the man could continue his rant, another agent called out, "We got a hit! Sixty-seven percent match. Wait- cross match, seventy-nine percent."

Kat jogged down the stairs to the lower level of the bridge, looking over the agent's shoulder, a twinge of hope sparking in my chest that they could end this.

"Location?" She asked.

"Stuttgart, Germany. Twenty-eight Königstraße. He's not exactly hiding."

"Captain, you're up." Fury calls from his post as the super-soldier darted off to suit up.

"Sir, what should I do?" Kat asked, not sure of what to do.

"Go get Romanoff; you two are going with him... If you're up for it."

A small smile appeared on her lips as she ran off to the lab to grab Nat, but she suddenly heard Coulson's voice call out her name.

"Kat! Wait a minute!"

She turns on her heel, seeing him chasing after her, a concerned look in his eyes.

"Yeah, what's up?" She replied, rocking back and forth on her feet, inching further towards the lab down the hall. Her fists clenching and uncurling spastically; adrenaline coursing through her veins.

His hands gently grasped her shoulders, keeping her in her spot, slightly calming her fidgeting.

"Are you sure you're ready for this?" He sighed, his eyes trailing down to her newly healed leg.

She sighed and shrugged, her fingers back to twiddling with her necklace from the nerves, not really knowing if she was prepared for what might happen. And although her powers were unpredictable, she had to deal with that fact every second of every day. The only thing she could do is trust in her training. Clint and Natasha trained her years, but she would never truly know if she was ready unless she tested them. Staying hidden in a training room for the rest of her life wasn't an option, and this opportunity just showed that Fury thought she was equipped with the skills to get the job done, which meant she just might be ready. That's what she had to believe in.

"Yes. I'm ready."

"Alright. I trust you." He said, "If you're sure...then I'm not going to stop you. But please...please, be careful and trust your gut. That is an order."

"Thank you. I will, I promise. When have I ever disobeyed orders?" She assured him, jogging off to find Nat. Knowing that he trusted her meant everything to her. It gave her the boost of confidence she needed to walk down that hall and suit up.

She could only hope that Fury was right in saying she was ready. She could only hope.

Author's Note: Hi Everyone, I just wanted to post this chapter a bit early. I know that this is super short and, again, is just a filler. We get back into the action and longer chapters in the next part. I will still post the next chapter tomorrow, keeping on schedule, but you guys deserve more than just this for a weekly update. So, tomorrow will be a much longer chapter as promised and with much more action. So, goodnight or good day to all of you, wherever you may be! You all are amazing, and I couldn't be more grateful for all of your support.

Lots of love :)

-Mo