Becoming a Neko

So I found this little gem and my best friend said I should share it... So here it is...

I hope you enjoy.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I'm a cat. Of all things I could have been it had to be a fucking cat. It's not like it's an actual grown up cat. No I'm a fucking baby. A small little fucking kitten.

I snorted and hissed at my reflection not happy about it. I mean seriously? A fucking cat!? I could have at least been something cooler like a Tiger or a Lion. Yes they are part of the feline family but at least they're better than a damn cat.

This whole day had turned out to be one giant "fuck you". I wish I could say it was nothing new. Honestly my worst day hadn't even come close to this disaster. I finally decided to pay attention to the people standing behind me. Just in time to catch a rather unwelcome person reaching for me.

I meowed and hissed angrily then swatted at the hand. I didn't care what anyone was thinking about me right now. I was not going to be manhandled by anyone. Even if it meant I'd remain like this forever. Just because I was small, didn't mean I couldn't or wouldn't fight back.

*~*~*

"So are you ready for class?"

"Hermione, I wasn't ready for the day." I sighed.

"Come on mate don't be like that."

"I'm paired up with Malfoy for potions. How am I supposed to be exactly, Ronald?" I asked and rolled my eyes.

Snape was trying his damn best to get me to snap this entire week. I had a feeling that today was the day the camel's back broke. I sighed as we got to the class. I huffed as I took a seat next to Malfoy. Yes, I was on the verge of throwing a tantrum.

It came as no surprise to anyone when Malfoy and I started arguing. He wasn't paying attention to the damn potion and added too many scales. I lost it and I hit him. I didn't think it was that hard but he hit over our cauldron. As a result I was doused with the botched potion. Then I heard a loud pop.

I looked up from the ground and realised that something was very different. Very different and very very wrong. I quickly scrambled to my four feet... Wait what? I looked down and noticed I had paws. There was a panic rising in me now.

I looked around quickly and saw something shiny enough to get a reflection off of. I practically pounced at it. I needed to fully see what had happened to me. That's when I saw it and my blood drained. I wanted to scream but instead I only managed a frustrated meow. I scratched at the shiny object.

"What Is the Meaning of This?" Snape's voice travelled through my ears.

Of course he had to return to the class now. This was his fucking fault. Pairing me with Malfoy for a project, or even just to watch us argue for his amusement. I hissed at Malfoy and glared at him. They were both to blame for this fuck up.

"Something went wrong with our potion." Malfoy shrugged.

Snape pinched his nose and dismissed the class. I would have tried to make a run for it if I didn't think I might get trampled. Also if I wasn't being held in the air right now. Hermione and Ron didn't even stay behind and wait for me. Some fucking friends they were. Malfoy and Snape were still here though.

"Where did the cat come from?" Snape frowned after dropping me.

"That's Potter." Malfoy responded.

Snape knelt down in front of me and held out a hand. He didn't have that usual scowl on his face. In fact I might have dared to say that he looked genuinely concerned. Malfoy walked back to the desk and fiddled with his bag before coming back and copying Snape's action. I would have sworn that both of them actually cared about me.