27. || Accept it

"Get off of my bra!" Kai sighed and moved to burry his face in a pillow. "Why do you even wear one?"
He muttered into the soft pillow. "Support." I simply answered and put on my bra followed by Kais shirt.

"Make breakfast."

I turned to Kai with an open mouth. "Go make it yourself dickhead!" Kai chuckled as I threw one of the books at him. "It's so weird." He got up and walked closer to me. "You're a feminist here but in there–" He nodded at the bed we just left.
"You want me to the most—"

"I get it Kai."

I could just slap this waggish smirk out of his face. "So breakfast?" I rolled my eyes and made my way downstairs.

It's been a couple months now since Damon- uh.. since Damon destroyed the last chance if me getting back to reality. The first weeks I had hope that he would chill out and that they would try to get us out. Time passed without any sign of being rescued.
But I was sure they were trying anything possible to get me out of this hell, just like I did for Bonnie.

If Damon would've gave me up I knew that Bonnie and Enzo wouldn't. Enzo was truly the last hope I had left. My brother would not let me rot in hell, knowing I'm stuck with a sociopath. Even if that sociopath and I get along very well there still moments we want to kill each other in the most painful way possible.

"God you're still trying?"

I looked up at Kai, who was, again, eating jam. "I am." Turning my eyes back on the ascendant I put the pieces together and hoped that this time it would work. I didn't know what I was doing wrong but I somehow always made a mistake. One time I was so close– the gears clicked but then it stopped moving. That was the moment Kai lost all of his hope and accepted the fact that we're probably gonna be trapped here forever.

"If this doesn't work.. there are still Bonnie and Enzo–"

Kais sarcastic laugh cut me off. "Oh you cute little sugar unicorn." I furrowed my brows at the weird nickname he just gave me.
"You really think they care about you?"
What?

"Face it Layla! If they'd care, you wouldn't be here!"

I tried finding a acceptable response to what he just threw at my head, but I failed, so I just sat there stuttering on some words.

"I mean I'm not saying they didn't try- but they gave up. They all gave up on you Layla."

Why the hell was he saying all that? I get that he's a sociopath, but Enzo is my brother. He wouldn't just give me up!

"Enzo would never give up on me."

Kai looked mischievously before leaning over the table straight in front of my face.

"You're his sister, didn't you give him up in Augustine?"

The words got stuck in my throat as Kai held up the biggest mistake I've ever made. God I hated him so much.

"Why don't you just go and kill innocent children again?!"

Kai chuckled at my desperate try to change the topic on his problems. "Just face it. It's not that hard sweetheart." Shaking my head I got up from my chair and pushed Kai back onto his.

"I'm not gonna face anything! My family cares about me unlike –"

I stopped the moment I realized what I was about to say but Kai already knew. He got up and intimidatingly walked around the table to stop just two inches away from me.

"Continue."

I shook my head regretting what I started. It wasn't even to hurt him, I just wanted to convince myself that my brother cared about me.

"Con-tin-ue."

He was really close now. The closeness wasn't the problem- I was close to him in many ways, but the way his jaw was clenched, the way his hands turned into big fists within seconds– that made my heart beat a little faster.

I was a heretic, witch and vampire at once but he was a siphon. We both could kill each other in just two seconds. I surely wasn't afraid of Kai and even if I was, I didn't even think about showing him my fear.

"CONTINUE!"

His hot breath flew right into my face making me close my eyes.

"My family cares about me, unlike yours."

Kais lips formed into a smirk. I knitted my brows, he wasn't doing well at all.

"Right, cause' I killed them."

"That's not what I meant-"

He stepped closer and studied my face carefully.
"What did you mean?" - "Nothing just.. Let's just get something to eat." I wanted to walk past him but his tight grip didn't allow me to move. He siphoned a bit of my magic, making me whine lightly.

"Kai I didn't–"

He continued siphoning so I would answer. As much as I was mad at him I didn't want to hurt him with his weak spot. That was not fair.

"You're dying Layla.."

I pressed my eyes together to handle the pain but nothing worked. As I saw  my hand slowly turning grey I told him what he wanted to hear.

"Fuck, your parents or siblings never cared about you that's why they sent you here anyway! No one ever cared about you Kai! You don't even know how caring feels!"

When Kai finally let go of me, I stroked the my wrist and looked at him with eyes full of regret.

"Kai.."

He took the ascendant and slightly smiled at me.
"You're right, I am the black sheep- the family reject." I shook my head and moved a little closer, so did he. His mouth was by my ear now.

"But I accepted it."

While looking me in the eyes, he smashed the ascendant on the ground destroying everything I've worked on for months..