10: Under Pressure

10: Under Pressure

Delia had been trying to get herself together to push through

Delia had been trying to get herself together to push through. Life was kicking her ass right now. She and George were becoming very bland very quickly and she was thinking of some many ways to spice things up again. It didn't help that he was always busy with work. But so was she and maybe this is how all of those guys felt that she dated in the past.

It didn't help that the last job they worked had her so tightly wounded. She didn't know what to do or where to go. Not to mention since the whole drunken sexual assault thing she still hadn't talked about it. She still didn't let anyone in she was hiding herself behind all of these smiles and happiness. The problem with this was Delia was a tough woman who tended to take things on by herself. Delia Summers wasn't going to back down from a challenge and George was playing her in her own game and this was only the beginning.

The heat was making people crazy and the calls they were getting were crazier. There was a trapped tour bus, a restaurant call where the stove got too hot and exploded hot water everywhere, and a sewage machine exploded taking off a guy's arm where Buck had to fish it out of the pool. And Delia was pretty sure she saw Athena and Bobby making out which almost made her throw up. It was like walking in on your parents having sex. The next few shifts were just like that one and she got a break before her new shift.

She walks in and sees Buck with Bobby and Hen.

"I got another DXA scan, and guess who dropped another half percent."

" What?" Hen asks as Delia hums nonchalantly as she wiped the sweat from her face. She was wearing a lavender sports bra and lavender shorts to match. She decided to jog to work figuring there wouldn't be parking due to the heat.

" A DXA scan measures your body fat." she looks down at her apple watch seeing she closed a new ring.

"Uh- You can see your percentage in every part of your body." Buck looked at her shocked as to how she knew that.

"Oh, yeah? They measure the fat in your head?" Chim walks up with food in his mouth as Delia gives him an annoyed look.

"Don't talk with food in your mouth Chimmy, wouldn't want to have to perform an emergency tracheotomy." she looks at Buck with a playful smile "Again." Everyone laughs as Buck shakes off her comment.

" Ah, see, that would be funny, but we're about a week away from submissions being due for the Hot Days, Smoldering Nights: Men of the LAFD wall calendar, and I'm already at my goal weight, so it seems like my head is working perfectly."

"Do you need to use that whole title? You could just say "that idiotic, reductive, sexist calendar insults the dignity of this organization and furthers the myth that all firefighters are male."
Hen sasses as Delia high-five her.

"Yeah, that's not any fewer words."

" Hen, come on, it's for charity."

" No. Bobby, you, too?"