!chapter 2!

enjoy:))

It had been a few weeks since I saw that girl at the bar, I never stopped thinking about her. Her beautiful smile and- well I couldn't really see her eyes but I knew they were beautiful. Anyway I knew what she looked like but I didn't know her name, which if you weren't aware made finding someone remotely impossible.

Noel was at work, I did school from home so my days usually are filled with studying and trying to focus on really uninteresting classes. I didn't want to be a human doctor at all but my parents refused to pay for college if I did anything else, scholarships were handed out before I even realized they could give them out.

I looked at the clock, I sighed when I read 12:30 pm. I decided I needed a new scenery so I packed all my stuff into a backpack and put on my favorite pink dress and heart platforms, I texted Noel that I was leaving before I grabbed my stuff and left. I walked down to the park and sat down under s tree, I sighed happily and pulled my laptop and hotspot out. Once I started working I didn't stop until I felt a cold nose touch my leg, I looked up to see the cutest dog I had ever seen and excitedly put my laptop to the side. Immediately I started to pet the dog, giggling as he licked my face. "Barry! I'm so sorry he's never done this before" I looked up and smiled.

"No don't worry about it I love dogs" she smiled down at me and I stood up, extending my hand out to her. "I'm Alyx" she shook my hand and picked up her dogs leash "I'm Demi." she looked down at my laptop and I sighed softly "I'm studying to be a doctor" she nodded, then kind of tilted her head in a questioning way. I pretended not to notice and put Barry again, he seemed to enjoy the attention and even licked my hand. "Barry seems to like you, maybe I can get your number and you can see him again" I nodded and smiled widely at her. "Yeah that sounds great" we handed each other our phones and I put my number in hers, my name in her phone was now 'Alyx' and when I looked at her contact it was 'Demi' which I guess made sense.

She left to finish her run with Barry and I continued to study until I got a call, when I looked at my phone I threw all my stuff to the side and answered it. "Oh my god Jade! you would not guessed what just happened!" I hear her laugh from the other side and I started to pack my stuff as I went over everything. "So the other night I went out with Noel and I saw this woman leaving the bar with a group, she saw me and winked at me. I swear I couldn't stop thinking about her and today I was studying when a dog came over and guess who the owner is!" she paused for a minute. "Who?" she seemed amused at my story telling, I could picture her smiling as she does whatever she was doing. "It was the woman from that night! her name is Demi and we exchanged numbers" I started walking as we talked on the phone and she told me about her school. She was doing online school like me since she was a mom, her and her boyfriend who was another one of my friends had their baby girl Ophelia.

She was 2 currently and was one of the sweetest kids I have had the chance of meeting, she was also the closest I was probably ever going to get to having a child of my own. "Oh, me and Jeremiah had decided we were going to move out there with you and Noel." I paused as I closed the front door, that was surprising to me. We had talked about it a few times but Jeremiah, her boyfriend, wasn't sure about moving with Ophelia being so young. Before I moved down here we all drove to visit the house before we decided, Ophelia enjoyed the trip more than the adults and I guess that have Jeremiah the confirmation he needed to decide.

"Seriously? When?" I was excited to see my best friend and my niece every day again and I knew she was excited as well. "We just finished packing, oh Jeremiah wanted me to ask if we could use a couple rooms until our house is finished" She didn't even need to ask since she knew I would say yes. "Duh babe of course!" she laughed and started saying something to someone, I hear Ophelia crying and Jade sighs. "I'll call you later, we should be on the road tomorrow morning so I will send you updates." We said bye and hung up, I decided to take a shower and started cleaning up.

Noel called out as I was in the guest bedrooms, getting them ready for them to get here. He walked in and stood against the door frame, watching me with a small smile on his face. "What are you doing?" I looked over at him as I neatly fixed the blankets. "Jade and Jeremiah are moving here with Ophelia, they are going to stay with us until their house is done" he nodded and came over sitting on the arm chair in the corner, he watched me fix the room and pulled me into his lap when I finished. He rested his head in my chest and sighed when I ran my fingers through his chair. We had always been like this so I never thought anything of it, plus he would never be attracted to me.

"I can call off when they arrive if you'd like" I shrugged and stood up to start restocking the bathroom, I could handle my best friend by myself I wasn't a child. "It's fine I can handle it" he mumbled an okay and went to his room to shower and change. I started on dinner and hummed while I cooked, I enjoyed being in the kitchen. My phone dinged and I checked it, a smile instantly appeared as I read the name 'Demi'. She wanted to know if I could hang out that weekend, I had to decline unfortunately.

My best friend Jade makes her appearance with her (soon to be) boyfriend who is also my friend Jeremiah. She wanted to be in the book and she has made a few appearances in the other 2 books I have 😌 I hope you love her like I do she's so great.