Acknowledgments

Here we are. At the end of "The Whitehall Affair."

I can't believe it.

I started writing this almost two years ago, got about 12 chapters done, and then didn't touch it for about a year. After "Something Wicked" made the shortlist for mystery/thriller in the 2021 Wattys, I thought maybe mysteries could be my thing and decided to go back and give this one another go. And I'm so glad that I did.

And man, I am incredibly happy with the new cover I did. So much better than the original.

Definitely had moments when I got stuck or lost motivation. I've never written a ghost story before, so that was definitely challenging. Building up tension in a whole new way. But then Nora kept popping back into my head and I knew I couldn't leave her hanging. Just as she couldn't stop searching for the truth about Dorothy, I couldn't give up writing her journey.

And, of course, the journey isn't over. I know I'll need to go back and do some finetuning and editing at some point (even though God knows I've done a TON of editing and rewrites as I was writing). But for the time being, I'm happy that I finished. I'm going to let it sit and breathe a bit while I start work on another project, then come back to it later with fresh eyes. Hopefully someday I'll get to see this on bookshelves.

Thank you, dear reader, for going on this journey with me. I hope you enjoy Nora's story. And I appreciate you taking the time to read my novel.

 And I appreciate you taking the time to read my novel