Chapter 12: Christmas is coming to Los Angeles

Devil Boy Voiceover: Have you ever been so happy that you felt like literally nothing could take you down? Well yes. I have felt that way for the past few months. Not even the Black Diamond Mafia can make me feel angry. Me and Veronica are happy. We feel closer every day, and she obviously loves me, she says it to me every once in a while. I say it to her all the time when I can. My gang and Nickson’s gang are still merged, I have to deal with him 24/7 and I hate it. I wish he could just go away! He’s gonna make Christmas suck because I have to celebrate with him since it’s a thing my gang does. We celebrate together and I have to include him! Christmas is in a few days and tomorrow is our last day in school. And I don’t know what to get Veronica. I was thinking of getting her some street-wear but I don’t know if she’s comfortable with dressing like that yet. Even though she’s my girlfriend she still dresses like a model. Not that it makes me mad but it just makes it harder for me to get something for her.

Devil Boy and Veronica were cuddling in bed together, she was laying on his chest. Veronica had one hand on his stomach and the other around his neck. He had one arm around her waist and he was looking at his phone.

“What are you doing?” Veronica asked.

“What?” He asked.

“Why are you on your phone? I’m trying to spend time with you.” She said with a bit of sadness in her voice.

“Why can’t I be on my phone? You're on your phone all the time. That’s not fair babe.”
“Well I’m not on my phone when we're cuddling so how about you put the phone down?”
He seemed very annoyed.

“Do I really have to?” She nodded, he sighed and set his phone down, he wrapped his arms around her hips and pulled her close to him.

“So what would you like for Christmas?” He asked. She looked at him and thought for a moment.

“What do I want for Christmas?”
“Yes.”

“I mean. There’s this coat I would really like.”
“What kind of coat is it?”
“It’s a fur coat that is really puffy in the front and it drags on the floor. And it’s a black coat.”
“It sounds expensive.” He said.

“Well I’m pretty sure Leon is gonna get that for me.”
“Oh...okay…”

“So what else could I get you?”
“Um...I don’t know, you figure it out. I’m only telling my parents and Leon what I want.”
“What why?!”
“Because I know Leon probably knows what I want. I want to see if you can figure out what I want. Besides I know you know what I want. You know me.”
“Do you know what I want?” He asked, sitting up.

“I have an idea...okay honestly I’m not sure either but don’t tell me I can figure it out.” She said.

“Random but did Adrien ever ask you what you wanted for Christmas?” He asked. She nodded no, “he always knew what I wanted before I could tell him.”
And I don’t know what she wants...damn!

“Did you ever ask him what he wanted?”
“No.” She said.

“Why?” He asked.

“Because I knew what he wanted.”
“And you don’t know what I want?” He asked. She nodded no. “But I can figure it out. Trust me.” She got up. “Alright, that’s enough cuddling.” She said, she stretched. “What?” He asked with sadness.

“Yep.” She nodded. “No, I'm just kidding.” She got back in bed with him. “Oh thank god I was about to cry.” “Don’t be dramatic.” She hit his chest softly. He burst out laughing.

Sebastièn was helping his parents move in with the boxes. His mother came to him while he was helping unpack, he was folding her clothes for her and he was humming to himself.