40. Snake Bite

Author's note:
The twins call Derek 'father'
And Damon 'dad'
Scorpius never address Draco directly by his name. He address him as 'brother'

Scorpius' POV
*speaking French*
"Brother, have you been noticing that Mom and dads are acting weird?"
"Yeah." He replies
"I don't know why. She spends a lot of nights in the Dream house. Are they fighting?"
"No."
You're always like that. So Blunt.
"I hope not. She doesn't lay out in the sun anymore. She doesn't eat the food she cooks or not a lot of it. She leaves the house often. She never leaves the house unless she really has to."
She online shops mostly and have it delivered.

She built this place so that it has everything we need that we don't need to go out.
We don't have many guests over. Occasionally, their friends come over. She's very particular about who she lets into her Garden of Eden. Especially what happened with our birth mom.
This place is a fortified fortress. It can withstand a zombie apocalypse. I know she wants privacy for everyone. I wouldn't want paparazzi showing up here either. That's what happens when you got famous parents.

"It would be nice to have some friends over once in a while. ...Are you listening to me?"
"Yeah."
It's not that she doesn't allow it. I just never asked to bring anyone over. I would study at my friend's house or the library at school. We never bring them home. Home is our safe space. They don't know where we live. My friends say they never seen my parents before. I'm sure they have. It's hard not to miss. I tell them my parents are famous and they want their privacy. don't give them any more information than that. I told them I have two dads and now, they think I have gay parents.

Dads has stopped releasing new music. They're too busy. I see and hear them composing sometimes but they don't release their music anymore.
They made music for mom. Because of mom. Now, their songs seems happy and hunky dory that their music is different. I get it. People write music to get their feelings out. The only feeling dads are feeling now is joy. So their songs reflect that. People like their old stuff better. Depressing. Angry. Sad. Angst.

I keep notice of mom's activities when I can. Draco and I are doing homework in our room when I hear them make noises.
"God, they have sex all the time brother." I groan
"Yeah." He gets up off the chair and  leaves our room. "Can you keep it down?! We're trying to do our homework!" Draco yells then come back inside.
"Seriously, I'm surprised mom's not pregnant again."
Even though she only had two pregnancies. "10 kids is enough. I can't handle it  anymore."

We head downstairs and follow the noise.
"Should we be doing this brother? I don't think I want to see our parents having sex."
"Does it really matter? They probably had sex on every surface of this house."
"Eww. I can't unsee that now."
We see them through the glass from outside the home office. Mom straddling dad's lap on the table.
At least their clothes are still on.
I raise my hand to knock on the door when I see something that scares the hell out of me.
I freeze. Draco grabs me and we run back upstairs.

"Bro! Did you see what I saw? I'm not hallucinating am I?"
"I saw it too."
"Mom's a freaking vampire! How did this happen? Was she a vampire all her life?"
"I don't know. You seriously need to stop watching those vampire shows bro."
Our door opens. "Ahhhh!" We both scream.
"Xuống ăn cơm tối con."
(Boys come down for dinner.)
We let out a breath of relief. It was just Mrs. Tran.

We go downstairs and see the news. It's talking about the new street drug snake bite. Drug dealers are turning themselves in and they have bites marks on their neck.
"Is this why she goes out often?" I ask
"Shhh. Not here. Act normal. But yes. I think so."
Our mom and dads walk out of their room. I see both of them have a bandage on their necks.
We have our dinner. We try to act normal.
Mom and dads are feeding our bothers and sisters. She doesn't eat.
"Maman, je peux nourrir Bella.  Vous mangez." I offer
(Maman, I can feed Bella. You eat.)
"C'est bon chéri. J'ai compris."
(It's okay honey. I got it.)
You don't eat normal food anymore.