chapter 19.

3rd Person's POV

It is midnight and nothing can be heard other than the quiet murmurs and muffled voices across the hallways of the hospital. Well, at least at the top floor of the building where the VIP suites are located.

"Jin? Has she woken up yet?" Blair asks as Aria and the rest of the members of BTS quietly entered the ginormous hospital room. 

"Hm. Not yet." Seokjin's voice barely comes out as a whisper, his warm hand gently wrapping Tris's cold one while he sits besides her bed.

"I hope she wakes up soon..." Jungkook says softly as he approaches his hyung and rests a hand on his shoulder. Seokjin looks up at him only to see Jungkook flash him a reassuring smile. 

Namjoon then speaks up from the couch. "How about you, hyung? How's your right arm?" 

Seokjin could care less about his arm but as soon as he hears Namjoon ask about it, he's taken back to the incident that happened two days ago. As soon as Tris and Seokjin fell into the ocean, Tris started drowning but Seokjin was able to stay conscious to swim towards her. He was holding on tightly to Tris making sure not to let go as he moved using his feet and right arm. The waves were crashing ferociously and he was having a hard time swimming towards the shore. A huge wave arrived and to make sure that they don't crash against the rocky portion of the cliffs, he stretched his right arm out. At the time, his adrenaline was too high and his mind is focused on one thing only; to save Tris. He did not realize he got a huge gash on his palm and a stress fracture on his right arm.

Snapping back to reality, he looks at his casted arm before replying. "I'm fine, Namjoon-ah. This is nothing. How about you? Where have you been staying? Have they been behaving good, Blair? Aria?" Seokjin says as he smiles a little while he looks at the others. Actually, Seokjin hasn't left Tris's side. Well, except for the time he had to get treated which was two days ago. 

"Don't worry, Jin. We stayed over at Tris's. Mine and Blair's parents already know what happened. Tris is like their child too so they understand." Aria says. "And her parents? Aunt Victoria is the only one who visited so far." Seokjin asks.

Blair visibly frowns. "They called home last night. Her mom told me to call her when she wakes up..." As soon as she finishes talking, the tension rises in the air. After minutes of silence, Yoongi decides to break it.

"Has it been like that ever since?" He whispers. 

Aria sighs deeply and nods. "Since the three of us met, yes. We've been friends for years, since we were freshmen. Tris was an exceptional student. Never misses classes. Rarely fails exams and quizzes. Became a president of the uni student council. Throughout those years, we've been to her house millions of times. But we've only met her parents thrice. And those three times were accidental meetings. They were getting ready to leave the house, probably for business."

Blair continues, "It seems that it has been going on even way before we were friends. We're so proud of Tris, you know. She's academically gifted. Even if she does well, she beats herself up most of the time, constantly whispering to herself that she's stupid and that she can do better. And then that stupid fucking time-" Blair's tone change from grief to anger but she was stopped by Aria who tugged on the sleeve of her jacket. This action made the others look at them expectantly.

Blair composes herself and clears her throat. "Aria and I are not in the position to tell this to you. I think we need to wait for Tris to wake up and let her tell you when she's ready. Don't worry. She trusts you like how she trusts us. You are family now, remember?" 

With that said, the tension inside the room lessened as Hoseok speaks. "We're not worried. We won't force her to tell us. She can tell us when she's ready. And we're friends forever now so we can wait for loooong time. Right, everyone?"