Chapter 1.

"Do you need help, miss?"

A boy with light gray hair asked, looking at the female in amusement once she arrived at the entrance of the building where the members of the infamous gifted organization resided. His clothes were a bit odd, he had a white button-up shirt with the sleeves pushed to his elbows, plain black pants along with a belt that dangled as if it were a tail attached to him. What was more strange was his uneven hair, it was short and swept forward in loose spikes with a lock left long on the one side, she wondered if that was intentional.

He wore a gentle, welcoming smile and his heterochromic eyes were fixated on her as if carefully analyzing her intentions as well as the box she was holding.

"Ah, yes please. I'm looking for a
Mister Ranpo Edogawa?" Y/n said, pointing to the box with a smile. "I have his order freshly prepared!"

The male let out a soft 'Ooh' before nodding. "Follow me, I'll take you to him." He offered, his attention now on the eye-catching outfit she was wearing and his eyebrow twitched upwards curiously but he quickly looked away and started walking up a few wooden stairs as Y/n began to follow closely behind.

Her assigned work uniform was quite embarrassing since it looked like something you would wear at a costume party. It was a light chocolate-brown colored shirtwaist dress decorated with many small, bead-like displays of bakery treats that the little kids loved to grab on. It even came along with a cloche hat of a similar design. The outfit was mandatory in the bakery but at least she had the choice of what shoes to wear.

"Just wait here for a moment." The male told her as he disappeared through a door with a sign entitled: "Armed Detective Agency."

Y/n's fingers danced across the side of the box as she listened to the faint talking inside the room before the door opened slightly and a face peeked through.

The man on the other side of the door had short, messy black hair and his eyes were closed yet alert. His attire consisted of a brown inverness cape that he wore over his shoulders and whose color matches both his hat, which was laterally placed over his head, and his pants. He looked like a typical, small-town detective boy in the female's opinion.

"Good afternoon, I have your order from-" Y/n started but before she could continue further, the male grabbed the box out of her hands, opening it impatiently and began to indulge in one of the vanilla cupcakes as a satisfied hum escaped his lips.

Y/n's eyes widen in surprise, her hands still held out as if she was still holding the box. His behavior resembled that of a small child at a birthday party and it made her giggle slightly.

"How much...was this again?" The male finally spoke with stuffed cheeks.

"It's 100 yen, sir." The girl replied with a smile. If the female's memory was correct, this was the same man that was claimed to be the master detective of Yokohama that has solved many cases with his gifted mind. She had only heard about him and sometimes seen him appear on the news but never, until now, had she see him in person.

The male frowned, he seemed upset that he had to part with his desserts just to go get the payment, "Hold this for me, okay? I'll be right back."

The door shut again and she quietly waited for a little while before a familiar face appeared at the door again, this time holding out an enclosed envelope with what she assumed was money in exchange for his box of delights.

"Thank you, enjoy." Y/n said with a wave as she began to walk away.

"Wait a minute, what's your name?" The boy called out, making her turn to him in surprise.

"Oh, it's Y/n L/n at your service!" She said and removed her hat as a goodbye gesture.

"Already, I'll be seeing you again tomorrow, Y/n. Bye bye!" The boy replied with a grin, attempting to display a similar hat gesture but ended up almost dropping his pastries in the process which made her laugh a little as she made her way down the flight of stairs.

Once she reached the exit, she began to open the envelope to take out the money and found a note attached along with the 100 yen.

“ Could you add an extra cupcake to my order next time?
I'd really appreciate it.
Also, nice outfit :) ”

The female felt heat rush to her cheeks and she scoffed. She couldn't tell if the the male was being serious or sarcastic but nevertheless, it made a smile remain on her face throughout that day.

____________

first chapter ahh, well
it's not the best but
here we are, hope
you enjoyed it!