Chapter Seventeen: Crimson Violence

Millicent's POV

After Latenna has finished her duty, Argenis and her friends were leading us back to the same place where we found Tusk. Latenna wasn't with us anymore, as she disappeared once again. I was quite curious of why we were going back, as Nepheli and I were riding on the Ice Mammoth's back.

Millicent: Argenis, may I ask, why are we going back?

Argenis: There's something that I forgot to show you.

Y/N: I thought we were going to the Haligtree.

Nepheli: Yeah.

Argenis: I know I said there's something that you must do to get there, but I'm pretty sure all of you will be looking forward to it once you lay your eyes on it.

A Runebear was close by and roared at us, but Tusk roared back, causing the bear to flee from terror.

Argenis: Guess Runebears are scared of Tusk.

Lansseax: I just noticed earlier that there were no scratches on Tusk's hide, nor the arrows. Why's that?

Latenna: From what I remember from my childhood, Ice Mammoths have impenetrable hide. The only weak spot they have is their stomachs.

Y/N: So the only way to kill Tusk is by attacking his stomach?

Argenis: Pretty much.

Rennala: Interesting.

While we were traveling, someone rose up from the ground. He had red skin, just like how Ensha was at the Roundtable Hold.

Y/N: *Sighs* It's the Bloody Fingers again.

We took out our weapons, ready to fight this intruder, as I got off of the Ice Mammoth, and so did Nepheli. He charged forward at us, but he got frozen to death by Tusk's mist, turning him into an ice cube.

Argenis: Honestly, none of us knew he was there.

Melina: Did Tusk turn him into an ice cube?

Argenis: Oh yeah, forgot to mention is that Ice Mammoths can freeze their opponents if being threatened. That's pretty much what happened to that Runebear earlier.

Nepheli: Cool.

All of us went down a small path that was near the edge, which had some sort of slime roaming around. There were two of them, covered with bones.

We became disgusted of the sight of this monstrosity, but Y/N burned them with his dragon breath

Rennala: Thank you, dear.