chapter twelve!

chapter twelve! the formal

─── ✽ ───

"Can we go yet?"
Louise grumbled, drumming her nails on the overly decorated table.

"We haven't even eaten dinner," Thea dismissed the girl, glancing across the hall at the refreshment area where Alec and Tristan stood talking.

"I'm bored," Louise continued to grumble, leaning back in her chair.

"We have to wait for Paris," Thea declared, receiving another annoyed groan from Louise.

"Fine. Give me your rolls," Louise demanded, reaching out and snatching the rolls that were laid out in front of Thea and Madeline.

"Wow." Madeline breathed out.

"What?"

"Rory Gilmore," Madeline complimented, pointing over at the girl and her date who had just entered the hall, "God, she's got good hair."

"Who's the dish?" Louise asked, her eyes raking over the boy.

"Dean Forester," Thea answered, not looking up from her perfectly manicured nails, "He's not of the manor born, that's for sure."

"Let's go,"

The three girls rose to their feet, the soft blue material of Thea's dress falling angelically around her. The girls strode over to Rory and Dean, ready to torment the Stars Hollows teens as they often did.

"Rory, you came," Louise snarled in surprise, outstanding an arm and examining the dress closer, "Oh, great dress. Who's it by?"

"Lorelai Gilmore,"

"You made it yourself?" Madeline questioned, admiring the two-toned blue formal dress that Rory wore.

"No, my Mom made it for me," Rory corrected, with a bright smile.

"She did? Really?" Thea asked, examining the dress for herself, impressed with her mother's unknown skill, "So, you're travelling with a bodyguard now?"

"Oh, no. This is my- this is Dean," Rory stuttered out, gesturing at the suited boy beside her, "Dean, this is Louise and Madeline. And that is my sister, Thea."

"Hey," Dean smiled, at the three girls.

"My mom can't make anything," Madeline cluelessly continued, ignoring the introductions that had been made.