chapter #63

Hey everyone. First of all I just want to say how sorry I am for not posting for so long. Feel free to mentally slap me. I haven't felt inspired to write recently, and I feel like everything I do write sounds bad. I also forgot half of the plot so I am going to have to go back and reread some stuff, But I am hopefully going to get back on track and post more. Anyway, thank you all so much for reading! I hope you like this chapter.

O also some throne of glass spoilers!

—-----------------------

Gwyn was getting really fucking tired of this Koschei guy.

"I have to go back to tell Rhysand and Feyre." Azriel had been sitting behind a desk pensive while Gwyn had gone through the book Elain had given them again.

It seemed Orcus was a lot like Koschei. A powerful old male obsessed with wives. Gwyn read about Orcas marrying a female named Maeve. She escaped him, but he never stopped searching for her.

Gwyn sighed dramatically loud. None of this was helpful with the Koschei dilemma.

She turned to Azriel, finally registering what he had said.

She was met with a piercing hazel gaze, but tired. The purple under his eyes suggested that he hadn't gotten a good night's sleep in a while.

"Gwyn?"

She tucked a loose strand behind her ear and made her way around the desk. "Yeah?"

"I have to go back."

She nodded and he added, "alone."

Gwyn frowned.

"It will be quick though. I don't even have to go all the way back, just close enough for Rhys to cast out his mind to me."

Gwyn nodded. "tell him about Beron, and try to see if Elain is with them."
Gwyn had been wanting to talk with Elain ever since Azriel had shown her the book she had given him.

It had no relevance to their current situation... well Tamlin seemed to think she was supposed to defeat Orcus–

"Gwyn?"

"Yeah." she stifled a yawn and sat in front of Az on the desk. She didn't think about the papers she was currently crushing.

"We need to talk to Tamlin–

Her glare stopped him, but only momentarily.

"You need protection," he continued.

Azriel had been trying to convince Gwyn to become Tamlin's heir– heir to spring, all night. She talked about Tamlin claiming her as heir to spring as a joke. Azriel deemed it a fantastic idea.

"I have never lived in spring. I know nothing of its people, its history–

"But if you are under his protection as an heir, that means beron couldn't harm you without declaring war on spring court."

"Luna was killed by the highlord and night didn't go to war with spring," Gwyn argued.

"Luna was not the heir." quiet fury lined his eyes.

"And the protection of the shadow master of night isn't enough?"

She knew Azriel had his limits, but most people were scared of him, right?

Gods, it was way too late to still be thinking.

"You are not mine."
Gwyn smirked, "damn right," she paused. "Sorry, what were we talking about?" her eyes started to droop close. The heaviness of sleep weighing her down, trying to pull her into oblivion.