Part 14

"Well, it looks like he can't work his mojo just by twitching his nose, he's gotta use verbal commands," Dean noted as he pulled out on the road. 

"The doctor had just gotten off his cell phone when he stepped in front of that bus. Andy must have called him or something," Sam theorized.

"I don't know. Maybe."

"Beg your pardon?"

"I just don't know if he's our guy, Sam," Dean told him.

"Dean, you had O.J. convicted before he got out of his white Bronco, and you have doubts about this?" 

"He just doesn't seem like the stone-cold killer type, that's all, you know. And O.J. was guilty," Dean defended his statement.

"I'm with Dean on this one. I didn't get murder vibes from him. He was kind of sweet." I told them. "Said he just wanted to take me on a date but that his friend just died. I got the vibe he'd just learned about it when we stopped."

"Either way, how are we going to track this guy down?" Sam asked, not thrilled about having both Dean and me against him.

"Oh, I've already figured that one out," I smiled.

---

Tracking down Andy's van was easy, and once we went through the car, all we learned was that he enjoyed some pretty heavy reading and getting high. It seemed like he lived in the back of the thing, and just like the outside was painted with a barbarian queen riding polar bears, the inside had a painted tiger. And a disco ball.

When we were done, our stakeout began. I ran down the street to get some burgers, and we ate while we waited. The conversation about whether or not it was Andy came up again. And you know what happens when you speak of the devil.

Andy appeared beside me, slamming his hands down and scaring the shit out of me. The one time I wasn't taking in my surroundings, mouth full of food.

"Hey! You think I haven't seen you three? Why are you following me?" He demanded to know. I swallowed the food and felt that annoying pressure inside my head again. I was just about to answer him when Sam spoke up instead, making me shut m mouth.

"Well, we're lawyers. See, a relative of yours has passed aw-"

"Tell the truth!" This time I could hear a dark undertone in his voice, like a deep growl echoing through my head.

"That's what I'm -" Sam began, but my words interrupted him.

"We hunt demons," I squeaked out. "And monsters."

"What?" Andy asked, shocked, staring at me.

"Will!" Sam hissed, and I shut my mouth.

"Demons, monsters, and spirits. Things your worst nightmares wouldn't even touch. Will used to help our dad hunt, and now she's helping us," Dean continued in my stead. "Sam here, he's my brother."

"Dean, shut up!" Sam continued to protest from the backseat.

"I'm trying." Even though Dean had a smile plastered on his face, he looked like he fought whatever was happening with every muscle in his body. "He's psychic. Kind of like you. Well, not really like you, but see, he thinks you're a murderer, and he's afraid that he's going to become one himself, 'cause you're all part of something that's terrible. And, I hope to hell that he's wrong, but I'm starting to get a little scared that he might be right."

"Okay, you know what? Just leave me alone." When Andy said the last part, I heard the dark echo again, and I eagerly nodded, once again feeling like my brain had melted.