Prologue [Foreword]

[Aspen]

I silently darted through the woods, my two long tails trailing behind me. I had some burrs and leaves in my fur, but that doesn't matter. So long as they're not poisonous.

Which they're not.

I stopped to rest and peeked out from under the bush I was hiding beneath. The forest made no sounds except the cheerful chirping of birds in the trees. Not the time, birds! I'm trying to hide here!

Suddenly, I heard the snap of a twig behind me.

I swiftly darted around, but before I could see who was behind me, they pounced and tackled me. We rolled out into the open clearing in front of us, and I found myself pinned.

The gray wolf-demon on top of me smiled. "Got you!" She said happily. Her wings flapped excitedly.

"No fair, you sneaked up on me!" I whined.

"You never said no sneaking!" The wolf-demon retorted.

"Alright, girls, that's enough."

I turned to see an Absorber walking towards us - my mom. She looked human, but had horns and cat-like ears, like me. She also had crystallized wings and a tail that ended in a prismatic tuft.

"Cinder, get off of her," my mom said. Cinder crawled off me and helped me up. Mom turned to me.

"Aspen, I told you guys not to go too deep into the woods," she said.

I shuffled my feet nervously. "Sorry, mommy."

Mom chuckled. "Its okay, sweetie. Come on, it's time for dinner."

Cinder and I were best friends. We still are.

But that was the last time I ever truly played with her.

The day the entire Hybrid village went up in flames.

----------------

Ah yes touching childhood memories :3

And Aspen isn't my character btw she belongs to my friend @KatherinePainter we just linked her and Cinder's back stories bcuz why not OwO

291 words