Chapter 25

Ximena had barely been in the room for half an hour and she had already talked so many people who wanted to wish her a happy birthday. Most of the people in attendance were her parents' friends and business associates so there really was no one she could converse with. Granted, some had brought their future heirs as well but they were too stuck up and conceited for her liking.

Scanning the room, she spotted her family along with Mr Dos Santos and Samara near the front, talking with a couple of other people. There was no way she would feel comfortable over there with them, if the bored looks on Andrea and Salvador's faces said anything. Among the tables, waiters and guests she easily saw Adriano's back since he was the only one wearing a white tux jacket and he stood tall. Ximena began to make her way towards him. He somehow made her feel safe whenever she was near him. It sounded totally strange, given they barely knew each other.

Once she reached where he was she called his name. He turned around at the sound of his name and that was when she got a glimpse of who he had been talking to. Two ridiculously handsome men stood before her. One was wearing a wine red tux jacket. He had sandy blond hair cropped at the sides, longer at the front and tan skin, with gray eyes that sparkled with mischief. Somehow he looked quite familiar. The other one was definitely Arabic, the skin tone and prominent features were a dead giveaway. He was wearing an emerald tux jacket. Unlike the former one, this one looked haughty.

"This must be the birthday girl. So ravishing," remarked the Arabic man in a thick British acccent, earning a scowl from Adriano. "Aren't you going to introduce us Adri?" he asked his friend, still not taking his piercing black eyes off her.

Adriano cleared his throat. "These are my friends. Santiago Fuentemayor," he said and pointed at the blond one. "And this is Omar Pedrad," he said and pointed at the Arabic one. "This is Ximena Dos Ramos, and yes she is the birthday girl."

Omar gave her a smile and then took her hand to place a kiss on it. The gesture made her very uncomfortable and by the looks of it, Adriano didn't like it either.

"I'd advise you to keep your hands to yourself Omar," Santiago warned in a low voice, glancing at Adriano and then he smiled at her afterwards. The gears in Ximena's head began to turn.

"I've seen you somewhere," Ximena stated and Santiago nodded in agreement. It finally clicked. "The opening of that club. You're that creepy pervert who wouldn't leave my friend and I alone!" she almost spat in disgust.

Santiago beamed. "Guilty as charged. Pleasure to make your acquaintance," he mused but she shot him a glare.

"I was wondering if," Omar began once again and got her attention once again. "You wanted to come back to my place after this party is over," he offered with a smirk and she blanched. Nobody had ever said such disrespectful words to her like that before, well not so bluntly. Adriano stepped in between Omar and her, fists balled at his sides and face dark.

"How dare y-" he was about to speak but a voice booming from the mic resonated across the ballroom. Ximena sighed in relief at the perfect timing because it looked like a crisis had been averted. Adriano looked like he was going to lunge at Omar.

"Good evening ladies and gentlemen," said Andrea from the stage. She looked beautiful in a hot pink evening gown that fit her perfectly and accenuated her curves. Her hair was flowing proudly around her face. "I'd like to introduce you all to my sister's birthday gala. Now that the birthday girl is here, the night can truly begin. Happy birthday sis, I love you so very much and I look up to you a lot I wish you so many more years to come and nothing but the best for you in life," she commented gracefully and smiled at her from the stage. Ximena's heart soared. People were handed champagne flutes as Andrea went on with her speech.