Chapter 5

A/N: I have a confession to make, work the last two days has been busy and I understand I warned you guys that once work starts that I wouldn't be uploading as frequently but I wanted to and I'm anxious to get this out. I also didn't want to forget what I had planned for the chapter and pushed it out. It may be rushed and there may be mistakes because I didn't have this proof read. So, if I make any major screw ups that anyone points out, I'll delete the chapter, fix it and reupload it. Enjoy everyone ^^

Chapter 5

I am in a utopia. No forget that, I am in heaven. It's the weekend of my second week at Advanced Nurturing High School and I have come to reach nirvana, I have reached peak elation. A heightened state of being where it's as though the dots of the universe have connected and spontaneously, everything right now, in this moment is exactly how I want it to be.

What could I possibly be doing that has made me feel such elation, you may ask? Could I be shopping with my new growing circle of casual friends? Could I be watching a movie, eating popcorn next to Kushida, Karuizawa or even Asahina-senpai? Or perhaps I'm on a date, exploring the new found wonders of youth?

No, no I am not. I am in my room reading the latest copy of 'I tripped over a vine, fell off a cliff and now I'm engaged to a water sprite' while lying on my bed.

Alone. In silence.

I have done absolutely nothing for the last two days. Aside from visits from Eiichiro yesterday where we watched the latest anime episodes that we had missed in the lead up to coming here and the occasional phone call, I have not left this glorious oasis known as my bed except to go to the toilet, shower or my kitchen.

What have I done in my life to deserve this moment of absolute bliss?

High school life has taught me many things in such a short period of time. I always thought that I knew just about everything there is to know in life. Everything that was covered in classes was second nature. To be frank, I learned all of it at the age of seven so there was nothing stimulating in classes. I had a fundamental understanding of psychology, social dynamics, had a couple of friends and my sister. There should be no revelations to be had about people and association, but I was naive.

Now I've come to realize women are exhausting. I felt like the last pack of toilet paper being fought over in a pandemic. I wanted to enjoy a normal high school life, being popular was one of those possible experiences. I could have been an ass and lived out life as a loner but that wasn't appealing to me. Kinship with the people I consider my family has made me cherish relationships and I did want to have people around me. I just didn't anticipate how troublesome it would be when that circle grew.

I understood now that Hirata was a god amongst men. He was not a mere mortal such as myself. That poor man. Everyday he would be tugged at by all directions by a different girl, all of them wanting his attention and affection. Other boys in the class glared at him in jealousy, wanting to be in his position. Those poor fools. He took all of it with a pained smile, begging for someone to free him from their clutches, but I am a coward. I watch while offering incense in my mind at his sacrifice for my freedom. He is like a modern day Jesus, being crucified for my cowardice as I watch his struggle with no intention to intervene.

In the last two weeks I have been subjected to a similar hellish nightmare to a smaller degree. I have been to more clothing stores in the last two weeks than I have in my entire fifteen years of life. Forced to endure the hell of watching girls change into countless garment variations, suffering the repeated agony of giving a thumbs up to every outfit, subjected to the recurring nightmare of having to think of a new compliment so as not to seem disinterested.