Part 18 | Unintelligent

"Nervous? Why are you nervous? You're never nervous! You're a demon for Christs sake Y/n, get it together!"

"You alright Y/n?"

Looking up, you saw Bucky looking at you questioningly.

"Quite alright soldier."

"You're allowed to be nervous you know. I'm a chemically induced super soldier with a metal arm that still has anxiety" he answered, taking a bite of his plum.

You gave him a small smile. "Thank you."

Walking up to Lokis door, you reached your hand up to knock when you heard voices inside.

You should have left. It's rude to eavesdrop. But that's not in your nature.

"Sue loves you brother!" Thor insisted, his voice desperate. "She's denied the existence of love for so long, and here she is giving her to you!"

"I don't love her Thor. I just had to get out of this stupid room."

——————————————-
Lokis POV:

"I don't need her. She's stubborn, irritating, unintelligent and a complete pain" I grumbled, glaring at him. "And.."

I hesitated, before adding "And she's not even that pretty."

That was a lie. One of the biggest lies I'd ever told.

But he didn't need to know that.

Thor sighed, looking at me sadly. I felt a twinge of guilt in my gut before I shoved it back down.

Mumbling to himself, Thor walked over to my door and pushed it open, about to leave when-

"You bastard" she hissed, tears forming in the corners of her eyes.

"N/n-"

"Fuck you."

And with that, she was gone.

"Brother-"

"I have to go" I muttered, rushing after her.

—————————————————
Y/n's POV:

"This is why I don't do this shit" you hissed, slamming stuff into a bag.

Slinging it over your shoulder, you stepped into your shoes just as the door to your room burst open.

"Darling, wait-"

"Shut the fuck up."

"Please-"

"Nope."

Shoving past him, you went quickly to the living room where most of Avengers were.

"Oh hey Y- what's going on?" Nat asked, sitting up quickly.

"You alright kid?" Tony added, putting down the mess off wires he and Bruce were messing with.

"Quite fine" you answered stiffly. "I'm leaving."

"What?? Why?" Pietro pouted, looking up from where he was building Lego with Peter.

"When will you be back?" Wanda asked, looking upset.

"I don't know."

"Y/n!" Loki panted, appearing beside you in a shimmer of green.

Your face hardened. "Time to go."

As you turned to leave, you felt a cold hand grip your wrist.

"Let go of me!"

"No" he answered, his green eyes boring into yours. "Please listen to me."

"Thought I was too unintelligent" you snarled. "Don't think I'd be able to understand."

His face fell, his eyes filled with pain. "Darling, please wait-"

"Fuck off" you told him, still trying to twist your hand out of his grasp. "If anyone else needs me, I'll be in hell."

Thor was watching sadly, knowing full well Loki was just trying to throw him off. However, he needed to let the two of you sort it out without his interference.

"Take your hand hand off me before I cut it off."

"No, please listen to me."

You pulled out a dagger threateningly, before realising it was one of Lokis he had let you steal after a battle. Tucking back into your pocket, you caught the slight glimmer of pride in his eyes as he saw the blade poking out.

"Zip it Laufeyson, let go of me."

"I didn't say anything."

Disappearing in a puff of smoke, Loki was left grasping at thin air.

"No" he mumbled, looking around the room desperately. "No no no no no-"

"What happened Mr Loki?" Peter asked worriedly, hurrying over to the God.

"I fucked it up" he whispered, burying his face in his hands. "I was trying to get Thor off my back so I lied."

The others looked on sadly he ran his hand through his hair, glaring at the floor.

"Fuck" he muttered before striding upstairs.

"Friday, where's he going?" Bruce asked the AI.

"The library Mr Banner."

Tony pulled up the cameras in the library to him walking along the magic section of the library, pulling out random books and flicking through them quickly.

"What's he doing?"

"Trying to get to hell" Thor answered.

"Can't you guys-"

"Unfortunately not. Only another demon can get us there, but they're normally tricky and won't bring anyone with them."

On the cameras, they could see Loki sitting in a dark corner, flicking through one of the many books he's collected and piled beside him.

There were silent tears tracking down his face and slammed the books hit before glaring directly at the camera.

"Go away Stark" he hissed before disappearing in a ripple of green.

There was silence in the tower that day.

—————————————

✨yay✨

Apologies for the gaps between chapters, I had a block on this book that was really annoying to work through, but I think I'm okay now