Chapter 7: The Play

——————————🕷——————————

Pugsley, Wednesday, and (Y/n) approached Fester's door and knocked.

"Uncle Fester? Come on, Uncle Fester. Come to the play." Pugsley insisted.

"I said I was busy." Fester sulked.

"But you said you'd help us. With the Shakespeare and the pus." Wednesday reminded him.

"I changed my mind." He snapped.

"Guys, I don't think he's coming." (Y/n) told them.

The two brothers looked at each other, before they walked away, Wednesday grabbing (Y/n)'s hand.

...

The Addams Family walked into the school. Wednesday pulled (Y/n) ahead by her hand and Pugsley followed after them. Morticia and Gomez hung back, and Morticia was suddenly approached by a teacher.

"Mrs. Addams, can I see you for a moment? I'm Susan Firkins. I'm Wednesday's teacher." She introduced herself.

"Oh, of course Mrs. Firkins, Wednesday's told us so much about you."

"Wednesday is an excellent student, but, frankly, I'm concerned. You see, this is our class bulletin board." Mrs. Firkins gestured to a board that was hung on the wall in the hallway.

"This month our theme is our heroes, people we love and admire. You see, Susan Ringo has chosen the president. Isn't that sweet? And Harmony Feld has picked Jane Pauley."

"Have you spoken to her parents?" Morticia asked in concern.

"But Wednesday brought in this picture. Calpurnia Addams." The teacher gestured to a very dark drawing of a creepy woman.

"Wednesday's Great-Aunt Calpurnia. She was burned as a witch in 1706. They say she danced naked in the town square and enslaved a minister."

"Really?" Mrs. Firkins replied, slightly scared.

"Oh, yes. But don't worry. We've told Wednesday, college first."

...

"Isn't he adorable?" Margret was pinching a kids cheeks. "I made this myself."

"It's charming." Morticia commented. "What is he, a lizard?"

"An elf." She snapped, turning back to the kid. "Look at you." She knelt down and licked a napkin and wiped his face. "That's better. You are too precious for words. Why, I could just eat you alive." She cooed.

"Oh, no, Margret. Too young." Morticia worried.

...

Up on the stage, a bunch of little kids were singing a song, dressed in bright costumes and doing a little dance.

"La la la la la la la la la la la."

"Getting to know you, getting to know all about you."

While most parents watched with joy, the Addams family looked bored as hell.

"Getting to like you, getting to hope you like me."

"Getting to know you, putting it my way, but nicely. You are precisely my cup of tea."

...

Wednesday and Pugsley were backstage getting ready to perform. (Y/n) was helping Wednesday with his make up, not noticing how he kept staring at her.