Author's Note

Phew! Made it just before the deadline. Honestly, the last chapters were pretty rushed, but overall, I like how the concept came together.

Going into this year, I had no idea what kind of story I wanted to write. After looking at the prompts, number seven was the one that really spoke to me (and the one I thought fewer people would choose).

"When reading a book, you find it's more than just a story. It consists of clues, some hints, and a hidden map to a hidden treasure. Assemble the clues together, find the map, and head towards an adventure in search of the hidden treasure!"

I also really liked the setting of prompt 40, so I borrowed that one, too:

"Rumor around the town said that the shop in the deep alley of the market is very strange. It has no sign and no customers. No one knows when it is there and precious few dare to step inside..."

I knew I signed up for a lot, coming up with clues and red herrings. It was tight enough finishing the book as is due to schoolwork, and I actually ended up scrapping some scenes so that there was less to edit. The last scene wasn't originally going to be an interview, but the night before I wrote it, I didn't get any sleep, so brain's battery life was at fifteen percent.

In fact, I originally planned to compose all seven of the Silverenn songs. Clearly that didn't happen. Over the summer, though, some scores might pop up. Here's a little bit of what I've been working on:

 Here's a little bit of what I've been working on:

Note the sideways "s" over F, E, and A

Thank you to everyone who made it this far! I truly appreciate that you finished reading (or read any at all). If you have any feedback, please feel free to let me know. If not, I'm just glad you went treasure hunting with Cerise and Emi (btw, who was your favorite? Seems to me that teams have developed XD).

This book is dedicated to my viola, the weird cousin of the string family. And I suppose I should also give a shoutout to my music theory class...after all this, I hope I do okay on my final.

Author's note 2.0:

Hello there! Thank you for completing version two of The Secret Songs of D.C. Silverenn. This is my second draft of the story, and I'm really pleased with the new threads that have been woven in. I hope it feels more like a complete story now, compared to the original version. If you have any comments or feedback, I'd love to hear it! Also, I would love to know if you were able to follow along somewhat with the clues and guess at where things were going. I know it gets kind of jargony at times. I tried to tone it down at least a little bit lol. Anyway, thanks again for reading, and I hope you enjoyed treasure hunting alongside Cerise and Emi :)

Completed word count: 69,716