The Black Hole Dinner Party

Kuiper Oberon is a socially awkward father who is trying to do what's best for his family, but when the new neighbors, the Thatchers, move in next door and his wife, Emmy wants him to invite them over for dinner, Kuiper's and his dog, Jupiter's secret alien lives face being revealed... Even worse, a strange voice beyond the radio is trying to communicate with Kuiper's daughter, Bianca and wants her to eliminate the Thatchers for his nefarious plans, but who is this person and why does he want to use the youngest Oberon to wreak havoc on Kuiper's life? Will they succeed or will the dinner party go as smoothly as Kuiper had hoped it would?

_______             Kuiper          _______

The quiet suburban neighborhood of Applebright was experiencing a hot summer this year, but despite this many couples walked along the side walk with their pets and enjoyed a morning stroll together while their kids were away at school. The town was doing well thanks to the presence of the Applebright Neighborhood Committee (ABNC) which worked hard to assure parents the safety of their children, themselves, and their property. Due to their hard work, every child in the neighborhood could walk wherever they pleased without their parents having to worry about them. They made sure that they neighborhood was tight knit and had every adult and child was looking out for each other which limited crime drastically. However, the ABNC could get a little out of hand at times. It was expected of each home owner to choose a pastel color scheme for their home since the majority of homes were signed up for the committee's exclusive, luxurious club, but not everyone followed their rules—or rather only one home refused to heed to the demands of the committee and refused to sign any contracts. Regardless, each house in Applebright had an attached garage and two stories. There were very few differences between each home in terms of architecture. Some had white picket fences and others had wide open yards, but each had freshly mowed grass; some homes had hedges decorating the outskirts of their properties.

It was the "perfect utopian neighborhood" according to the ABNC. At least it was coming close if not for a few annoyances.

One particular house stood out among the rest because of its pale white panels and large bay windows. It was almost bought out by the head of the committee, Lenora French, but someone beat her to it before she could change the home to match the rest. There was a long drive way leading up to a two car garage and although the front yard was open, the house was one of very few that had the back yard encased by a privacy fence.

That was the way Kuiper Oberon liked it. He enjoyed angering the ABNC any chance he could get. Well, it wasn't because he liked to doing it. It was just revenge for them aggravating him about the way he did things.

Kuiper smiled as he bent over the flower bed in his front yard. The hot summer sun was beating down on his back, but the sunhat helped keep his eyes safe from the bright light. The sunlight caused his curly blonde hair to shimmer in it's glow. It was all worth the time and effort to be able to smell the beautiful peonies that he delicately cared for like they were his own children.

Kuiper was dressed in beige overalls, a green apron with gardening tools stuffed in the pocket, and a plain white t-shirt beneath it all. His boots and gloves were caked in grass and dirt, but that was how it was for someone as passionate about gardening as he was. He practically lived in his garden.
"That man just ain't right." Said a man's voice.
"Hmm?" Kuiper perked up when he heard his neighborhood talking. That's when he noticed the Adamson family, an old couple next door, standing outside in their yard. The old man was trimming the hedges along his porch while his wife was watering the flowers in her hanging baskets. They were exchanging whispers back and forth while sneaking glances at Kuiper over the picket fence. However, the man had spoke up too loudly so his wife elbowed him.