You're mine

The sound of birds singing slowly woke you up. They were tweeting the same tune as the other day, except this time they were louder. As you opened your eyes and felt a muscular arm wrapped around you, you realised you wasn't in your own bed. You was in Williams. Waking up in his bed made you remember what happened the previous evening. Seeing William sleeping beside you, holding you in his arms was weird to you. Considering how careless he was being with you only a few hours ago. He looked so peaceful. You didn't want to wake him so you decided to go back to sleep. You figured he'd wake you up when he's awake.

A couple more hours pass by and you wake up, again. This time you're no longer in the warm embrace of William. He's nowhere to be seen. Why didn't he wake you up? You sit up and look at the bottom of the double bed. There were clothes with a note on top of them. It was only after you got out of the bed that you noticed you were still naked.. You picked up the note that William left for you and read it out.

"Good morning darling. I had to leave for work and didn't want to disturb you. Your dress and underwear are in the dryer so I left these clothes for you to wear in the meantime. They may be a little big on you. I have left the key in the front door, you're more than welcome to stay here if you want but if you do decide to leave, don't forget to lock up and leave the key under the doormat. I will be back later on this afternoon. ~William."

You briefly admired how perfect his writing was before gripping the neat material that was beneath the note. The clothes unfolded as you picked them up and held them out to look at them. William left an ironed out white dress shirt and some pants. He was right. By just holding them out you could tell the clothes were too big on you. That didn't matter to you though. You put on Williams oversized clothes and make the bed. Leaving without making the bed would be rude. Now, making your way into his living room, you run your fingers across the beige walls in the hallway. The two tall glasses from last night were still on the coffee table. They clanked together as you picked them up and moved them to the kitchen to wash them. You turn on the tap, tip the remainder of the champagne left in the glasses, washed them both and left them on the marble counter to dry.

You felt comfortable in Williams house. You felt somewhat comfortable around him. Silence filled the house as you thought to yourself whether you should stay or not. That's when a loud buzz came from the living room. It was your phone. You hurry into the living room as the buzzing continued. You locate the phone and look at the screen. Four notifications from an unknown number. Quickly, you unlock the phone and read the messages.

*Y/n?*

*You're late.*

*We need you at the café, now.*

*This isn't a very good start to your new job.*

"Oh my god." You gasp. You're late for work. You rush to the door, take out the key and leave the house. Before Completely leaving, you lock the door and leave the key under the doormat. You run as fast as you can, hoping you still get the chance to work at the café. The fact that you messed up on the first day of the job embarrasses you.

Finally, you arrive at the café and walk in, out of breath. Everyone stares at you as you try to catch your breath from running the whole way there.

"Y/n, right? Why are you late?" Says a man from behind the counter.

"I'm sorry, I overslept.. I promise I won't be late again.." You say, dusting off the clothing William had let you borrow.

As you approach the counter, the man holds out his hand for you to shake it.

"I'm john. I'm the manager of the place. I've heard a lot about you, y/n." He says as you shake hands.

"Lovely outfit, y/n" John laughs.