Chapter fourteen

Big Brother To The Rescue

November 1st

The room was silent, no one rushed to say anything not even a single word. I couldn't blame them, I was even fearing what Duran would have to say or do. This was one of the moments he was confusing me. He was showing he cared but rather than point it out, I remained silent only because he had accepted to talk.

At the moment, I was just relieved the pain was subsiding, though I was sure I would have a bruise were I was hit. I, myself, didn't know who had thrown the punch and I really didn't care, which is why I spoke out. "It doesn't matter."

Duran turned his green eyes towards me. He was glaring so for the first three seconds he was glaring right at me until his eyes flashed with confusion. "What do you mean 'it doesn't matter' of course it matters Michelle." I flinched at the way he had said my name. I could hear the annoyance rolling out of his tongue as he said my name. "You got punched in the stomach, so sorry if I bid to differ, it matters," he growled.

Well if he said it that way...No. I still didn't think it was important. I shook my head moving off his lap. "Yeah well it happened. It doesn't matter because I already got hit, finding out who threw the punch is not going to take back the time and stop it from happening now is it?" I placed my hands over my hips trying not to flinch at the tender spot by my abdominal.

"Are you defending them? Trying to protect them?" He snapped glaring down at me. The way he referred his questions made it seem as if he was accusing me of something. Something I sure as hell am not going to take blame of!

I took step forward, anger swirling. "With a temper that you have I'm sure you will turn into the damn green hulk and kill them! So yes I am protecting them!" I snapped. We then proceed to glare at each other, angrily. I could feel the anger rolling off him. My eyes flickered to his jaw as he clenched it, a sure sign that he was angry and trying to clam himself down.

See? Hulk.

"They hit you," he said through clenched teeth.

I nodded smirking. "Very observing Sherlock but have you forgotten that you hurt me. What's your point? The way I see it I rather get socked, accidentally than get hurt on purpose!" The final nerve had been broken, screw having a talk. I turned, fleeing away from the peering eyes as the tears brimmed the corner of my eyes. I refused to let him or any of them see my cry. I jumped off the chair and going around the Island.

"Michelle!"

"Leave me alone!" I cried out. I had no idea were to go. I knew I couldn't run home and I had no room here to shut myself in, so I decided to just go and throw myself on the couch, not the best place so sulk because a couple seconds later, Duran showed up.

"Michelle-"

I placed my hand up silencing him. "I don't want to hear it," I hissed looking for the remote control and turning the television on in the process. "I don't want to talk to you right now," I finished.

"I thought you wanted to talk not that long ago," his sarcastic respond made me turn to face him. The old anger I had tried to subside was coming back, but I pushed it down. "Yeah well I no longer want to have a talk with you, screw it," I turned the television off, I stood up making my way towards the kitchen, brushing passed him.

Ignoring him wasn't going to happen as he threw his hand out grasping my waist. "I thought you wanted to talk about us," he whispered. I kept my face straight not showing that his hold caused an effect on me. Instead I kept my eyes on Javier, who looked at the interaction going on between his brother and I.