The Beginning

Shinsuke wiped his forehead as he watched the sunset over the horizon of his vast mountain farm. It was beginning to get chilly.

"Good job, everyone. Don't forget ta clean up 'n get refreshments before ya leave."

"Yes, sir."

He went from having to work alone on the farm to having three farmhands, which was very convenient now that he has been picking up other...hobbies.

He picked up his tools and made his way to the shed. Once he had cleaned and put them back in their proper place, he made his way back home and jumped into the shower.

His grandmother already had dinner ready for him, as she's been doing since he started working on the farm. As much as he missed preparing dinner together, he can't really complain, given the convenience to both him and her – him because of the time it takes for him to come back home and her because the doctor recommended her working around the house to help her joints; although he did wish his younger brother, Naoto, would help her around the house more.

Shinsuke loved the daily routine he set up for himself. He had it all planned, from the tiniest of details like the designated spots of the toiletries, to the bigger things like the timing of his commute to and from the farm. Even the time he'd have dinner with his grandmother and Naoto was all planned. This way, even if something was slightly off, he could easily pick it up, and it gave him a sense of control.

However, his brother's suppressed smile during dinner set off his senses and caused an odd feeling to stir up in his stomach.

"How was yer day, Naoto?" He couldn't help his curiosity.

"Oh, it was good, nothing out of the ordinary."

"Did ya miraculously score the highest in something?"

"Nii-chan!" Naoto retorted and the other two laughed. "Well, I'm not the one who seems to have scored today."

His words intrigued Shinsuke, but he had a feeling he wouldn't get any more information in front of their grandmother.

As usual, after washing up the dishes, Shinsuke made his way to his studio. Ever since Osamu suggested he take up music a few years back after hearing him sing while tending the farm, making cover songs and putting them up on social media has filled up the void volleyball had left him since graduating high school.

He was unsure at first, fame wasn't something he ever planned on experiencing. But posting on social media (and only on social media) kept the attention contained. Plus, with Gin's help with video editing and Naoto's help with interacting with the audience, he could focus on both farming and singing without one messing up the other. Things have been going great; for him, his farmhands, his social media team, and his audience of 10,000 on Instagram.

Naoto mainly manages YouTube and Shinsuke replies to the comments or posts stories on Instagram every night.

Given that he just reached 10,000 on Instagram, he had a very important story to post tonight.

He picked up the kohl and bent in front of his desk mirror before smudging it ever so slightly along the corners of his eyes. Then he picked up his phone and started recording a story.

"Hello everyone. I wanted ta come online t'night 'n thank ya'll for 10,000 followers! This genuinely means a lot ta me 'n ma team, so we wanted ta do somethin' special for ya.

We will be contactin' 20 of ya ta present each of ya with a special surprise as the new year starts. So keep an eye on yer dms. Ya don't have ta do anythin' special ta qualify for this, other than bein' one o' the first 10,000 followers.