Chapter 16

Jade's pov

Walking beside him made me so nervous. When our fingers would brush together I could feel the sparks radiating through my body.
     "So tell me about yourself" He spoke up.
   "I told you how the past eleven years of my life were" I shrugged and quiet fell between us again.
   We got to the outside of the packhouse and into a garden. It was huge and had a wide range of different flowers. It also had some trees and leaves hanging from them.
     "It's beautiful," we sat on a bench in the middle of the flowers.
   "It used to be my mom's," He admired the setting around us.
     "I'm sorry,"
     "Why?" he asked confused.
    "You said used to," I said. "How long ago?"
    "A month ago"
     "And your father?"
     "He got killed three years ago" He looked down and balled his fists. I put my hand over his and he looked up at me.
     "S-sorry" I pulled my hand away. He shook his head and pulled it back.
     "What about your parents?" He asked and I frowned.
     "They were killed eleven years ago," I said "Before getting into Alpha Roy's pack they were killed by rogues," I felt the tears build up in my eyes.
     "I'm so sorry," He wiped the tears away with the back of his hand.
    "I haven't talked about my parents since they died" I admitted.
    "I haven't either. It's really hard to talk about it" He said. "Why do you want me to reject you so bad?" his eyebrows furrowed.
    "I know rejection hurts. I wanted you to do it before I got attached to you." I shrugged.
      "I feel attached to you already. Being in the same room with you makes me go crazy. It takes so much control from me to keep my hands off of you" He said and adjust himself to look at me.
    "Jade, I'm crazy for you," He looked down at my lips.
   I leaned in and crushed our lips together. My stomach was in knots and I quickly pulled away.
     "Ayden I'm s-sorry. I don't know what g-got into me. Please d-don't-" He leaned in to kiss me again and wrapped his arm around my waist.
   He pulled me closer and deepened the kiss. I had never kissed anyone before so I hoped I was doing it correctly. I put my hand in his hair and tugged it a little. He pulled me onto his lap and I wrapped my legs around his waist. I felt his large bulge under me and it made me want him more. I pulled away and he looked at me.
   "Is everything okay? Did I go too far"? He asked and I shook my head.
     "It was perfect," I smiled. He put a piece of hair behind my ear and smiled.
    "I like it when you smile. It makes you look less scary" I laughed.
     "I love your laugh," He said. I gave him a quick kiss and looked down at our position. I began to climb down but his grip tightened around my waist.
    "I'm sorry. I finally have you here with me. Give me a few minutes to enjoy it" He said and I smiled. I laid my head on his chest and he rubbed my back. His scent was strong and calming.

Ayden's Pov

Having her on my lap felt like a dream. She fit perfectly in my arms.
   "You finally did it," Milo laughed.
    "Technically she did it"
   "However it happened it doesn't matter,"
  "I think she fell asleep," Her eyes were closed and soft snores were coming from her mouth. I smiled and kissed her head.
     "Goodnight mon amour," I picked her up and headed back into the packhouse.
   "Caden is Skylar asleep already?"
     "She went up to bed about half an hour ago" He replied and I groaned.
  "Everything okay?"
    "Yeah. I'll talk to you later" I went to my room and laid her on the bed. She looked tiny compared to my gigantic bed. I took off her shoes and covered her with a blanket. I kissed her head and lay on the couch. I groaned and put my arm over my eyes as I let sleep overtake me.

Jade's Pov

     I woke up and reached out for Skylar. I sat up when I didn't feel her next to me. Wait a second this isn't our room. I was on a gigantic bed with a tall dresser across from it. There were two doors and windows where the sunlight was shining through.  There was a couch in the middle of the room and there was someone on it. I stood up and quietly walked closer to it. It was Ayden and he was asleep. I covered my mouth with my hand and remembered everything from last night. I kissed him. He kissed me back. I could still feel the tingles on my lips. The way his hands touched my body.
     "Are you okay?" His voice made me jump. I looked down to see him awake looking up at me.
   "H-hey sorry" I looked away.
    "Goodmorning" He stood in front of me. I looked up at him and my heart began racing.
    "About last night...." I trailed off and he chuckled.
     "It was amazing" He reached out to me and I flinched away. He furrowed his eyebrows and I cleared my throat.
   "If it's okay with you I would like to return to my room please," I said and he frowned.
     "Yes of course," He said and I looked around.
    "Can you show me where it is? I still haven't learned my way around the place" I said and he nodded. He grabbed my shoes from the floor and gave them to me. When we walked out of the room Caden was outside talking with another wolf. He looked our way and smirked.
   "Can't get enough of Ayden now huh?" I heard his voice in my head. I shook my head and laughed. He looked over at Ayden and nodded.
     "Just ignore him" Ayden whispered and pulled me away. We got to the room and stood outside of the door.
     "I'll see you in a little bit for breakfast?" He asked and I nodded. I pursed my lips and he cleared his throat.
    "I'll let you-" the door flew open and Skylar came out with a worried look on her face.
   "Jade!" She tackled me in a hug and I stumbled back. Thankfully, Ayden was there and helped me keep my balance.
     "I was so worried when I didn't see you in bed!" She pulled away and examined me. "Are you okay?" I nodded. She looked back and gasped.
     "Alpha" She bowed and looked between us.
    "I'm sorry for not bringing her back last night. She fell asleep and I didn't want to sneak into your room." He said and she shook her head.
     "No worries. I am just glad to see you. Whenever you wouldn't come to bed or come late you would always come back beaten" She said and he growled behind me.
     "You know what?" I turned around to face him. His hands were in fists and his jaw was clenched. "I'll see you right now when I freshen up okay?" I grabbed his arm and he looked at me. He nodded and smiled. He walked away and I turned to look at Skylar.
     "Try not to mention the beating yet to him. I know he knows but not everything. It's still fresh." I said and she nodded. I walked into the room and sighed.
     "Were you with him all night?" She asked and I nodded.
   "We kissed last night" I laid back on the bed and she squealed.
    "Are you serious! Tell me everything!" She hopped on the bed next to me and I laughed.
     "His bed is huge and comfortable," I said and she stared at me wide-eyed.
    "You were on his bed?!" She asked and I nodded.
     "Start from the beginning!" I proceeded to explain all the events from last night. She laid back and squealed.
     "I knew he was in love with you!" She jumped up and started dancing. "and you're in love with him" She pointed at me and I laughed.
    "I don't know about love but I am falling for him" I smiled and she nodded.
    "Come on get in the shower! You have to freshen up for your Alpha!" She commanded. I stepped into the shower while she picked out my clothes for me. Once I stepped out I changed and she got ready.
     "Wearing dresses makes your body shape look amazing," She said and I looked in the mirror. At least I was gaining weight since I had access to more food here.
     "Oh today we get our test results," I said and she nodded.
   "After breakfast, Caden said we are going to check," She said and I looked over at her.
     "You and Caden have been spending an awful lot of time together!" I said and she blushed.
      "Only because you keep sneaking off with the Alpha," She teased and I rolled my eyes playfully.
    "Come on I think I know my way to the dining room already" We walked downstairs and through multiple hallways and finally got to the dining room. I spotted the guys and they waved us over.
     "Nice of you to clean up after a wild night," Caden remarked and I rolled my eyes.
    "It's called taking a shower maybe you should try it," I said and Ayden's laugh echoed through the room.
     "How dare you. I happen to smell amazing!" He pretended to be hurt.
    "I didn't say you smell bad. I just meant you're dirty" He pouted and laughed. Every day we are here keeps getting better, but I know the girls are probably suffering. I need to ask Ayden about that update with the girls. For once we finished our full breakfast and the boys were happy with it.
     "What time do we go with Dr. Bour?" I asked and Ayden's eyes went a little cloudy.
    "As a matter of fact, he just called me. He said the results are in already" He smiled and we nodded. We cleaned up and headed over to the hospital.
     "Hey, I was wondering if you wanted to hang out again later?" Ayden asked and I nodded. He smiled and we caught up with everyone else. Once we got there we stepped into his office.
   "Dr. Bour good morning," I said and he smiled at us.
    "Goodmorning everyone please take a seat" He motioned at the chairs in front of us.
    "What's the news doc?" Caden asked.
    "I found a lot of...interesting stuff." He adjusted his glasses on the bridge of his nose.
   "I am going to give both girls more vitamins to build up their immune system. I want to be having regular checkups." He said and we nodded.
   "There is also some amount of silver and wolfsbane in your body," He said and I shot him a confused look.
   "What is that?" I asked and Ayden stood up.
     "Dr. Bour anything that you hear from us in this room or out of this room may not be discussed with anyone understood?" He asked in a low voice. Dr. Bour nodded his head and looked down. Ayden turned around to look at us and crossed his arms.
   "When Alpha Roy or anyone would do anything to you would they inject you with any sort of substance?" He asked and we shook our heads.
    "Did they ever forcefully feed you anything that made you sick afterward?" He asked and we shook our heads again. He ran his hand through his hair and sighed.
   "Did you ever find anything suspicious that any of them would do constantly?" Lance asked and I looked down.
     "Actually yes," I said and looked back up.
     "After every meal, we were only allowed the leftovers. Before giving us the food Beta Alfred would inspect it." I said and Ayden growled.
     "That fucker was poisoning your food" He punched the wall and I flinched.
   I didn't think this could get any worse.