Chapter 21

"It's starting!" Lillie exclaimed as she dragged Moon towards the center of Iki Town. Silver, Gladion, and Hau followed them at their own pace. Until now, Silver hadn't know that (y/n) was given the choice to allow special guests front row seats to the show, so they wouldn't have to worry about not being able to see over the crowd.

        "She was practicing for hours in the ruins. I hope she didn't burn herself out," Hau muttered.

        "It only happens once a year. She probably just wanted to make sure that everything went well. Didn't you say that Tapu Koko had to leave?" Gladion briefly glanced around at the crowd. "They're expecting her to represent this entire island. It's not easy."

        "Won't she be tired afterwards?" Silver mentioned. Every time she used her ability too much, she would need to recharge with rest to avoid harming herself. The event was only halfway finished. Silver couldn't imagine her forcing herself to stay awake through the rest of it especially knowing how easily she fell victim to fainting when she neglected the aftermath of her power. He had only seen this happen twice, but those two times were more than enough.

        "She won't have to make an appearance again until they light the fireworks tonight, but thats assuming she gets past the dance ceremony. I'm sure she'll be fine." Hau gave a thumbs up and his signature smile.

        Silver would have expressed more of his concerns, but he caught sight of (y/n) and lost his words. She was wearing the gifts of the people and an electric themed outfit that was different from the normal dancers that Silver had seen before. Her Pikachu and Togedemaru were with her, both of them wearing a necklace gifted by one of the islanders. Everyone grew quiet as a pokémon that looked similar to Tapu Koko appeared across from (y/n). "That must be Tapu Fini." The pokémon seemed far more regal than the energetic Tapu Koko.

        The performance began with the rhythmic sound of drums. Mist began to gather at (y/n)'s feet as she took a stance against Tapu Fini. For a moment, all was still until (y/n) swiftly performed a low sweeping kick through the mist only to quickly rise back up with it spinning around her. Suddenly, the surrounding mist around her began to glow a light yellow. The effect quickly spread across the area making it seem almost like some sort of fantasy.

        No one brought themselves to make any sort of noise in their reactions. (Y/n)'s hair stood on the ends as she began to find her way into the rhythm of the drums. With her danced the mist, jerking or flowing in whichever direction she went. As for how this was possible, Silver didn't quite understand, but he was captivated by what he saw. Everyone was.

        (Y/n)'s hands suddenly sparked a blue flash of electricity that traveled quickly across the mist towards the crowd, but Togedemaru dashed across the arena and drew the spark towards herself. It was only then that Silver realized what exactly was going on. The mist was filled with electricity and (y/n) was controlling it with her ability, but doing things on this large of a scale must have been hard to keep control of. Pikachu and Togedemaru were there to ensure the crowd's safety should anything go wrong.

        No one seemed concerned about being hurt, thus the performance continued as (y/n) began to sway to the drums and now the added sounds of other instruments. As the dance of sorts continued, the crowd began to express how impressed they were with cheers, whistles, and shouts. Silver could only stare for he was still stunned into silence by how much control (y/n) had over the electrified mist. Aside from the few times that Pikachu or Togedemaru had to redirect the current, the performance was perfect.

        It finally came to a close as (y/n) fell into a faster rhythm that shaped the mist into a familiar shape, a Pikachu. With that, she came to a sudden perfectly timed halt along with the rest of the music. The mist dispersed and faded away, and the crowd erupted into cheers. Many of the spectators threw flowers at her to express their gratitude for the performance. Tapu Fini gave a slight nod of approval, to which (y/n) smiled. She gave a bow and left the stage as dancers began to enter the battle arena that now served as the stage for dancing.