Chapter 25

I raise an eyebrow at Stephan,clearly showing my annoyance at his answer.

"Hi!! Omg what are you doing here?" The lady hugged Stephan,kissing both his cheeks and completely ignoring my presence.

"I'm on my honeymoon,Elena." Stephan says nonchalantly.

"You got married without me?! Aww.. how could you,Stephan?" The lady who I now know as Elena,pouts her red lips at my husband. Greaat.

Feeling out of place,I left them both. Looking around the store,I bought what looks good to me. I bought this white color snacks called Brem. And also little cakes called Bakpia. The store keeper said in very minimal English that those two are great snacks,so I bought them.

I looked at the clothes next. There were some cool looking tshirts that says stuff about Yogya. I thought about buying a matching pair that says 'His' and 'Hers',each complete with an adorable male and female figurine wearing batik but I decided against it. Considering my husband is chatting off with some other woman.

I decided that its time to head back to where I left Stephan. Strange he hasn't looked for you. I was hurt to see Elena and Stephan still talking animatedly with each other. Elena is putting her hand on his chest and Stephan's stance is almost flirting.

You were always a burden to him. Just let him be. He looks happier without you. The realization hits me. I gathered up my courage and walked up to them,"Stephan. I am done shopping. The becak driver is waiting." I said to him.

Elena scrutinized me with a glare then almost instantly smiled flirtatiously at Stephan,"Stephan! Is this your wife?"

I groan inwardly at how fake she is. Stephan replies,"Yes. Alexa,meet Elena. She and I used to be partners."

Partners? Business or pleasure,Grant? My subconscious speaks up but I stay quiet. I shake Elena's hand greeting politely,"Nice to meet you."

"Likewise," Elena sneers. But of course,Stephan didn't notice. He must still be attracted to her.

"I am so sorry,Elena but I have to take my wife to see Keraton," Stephan says while helping me carry my bags.

Elena's smile is almost sincere and she says,"Of course. Please don't loose contact with me,Stephan. We still have matters to discuss." Stephan nods and we both leave. I didn't miss the glare Elena pointed at me. Figures. I have a homewrecker at my back.

We rode the becak in silence. I wanted to ask about Elena but decided against it,fearing the wrath of Stephan. He didn't even ask you what you bought, let alone help you with choosing snacks to buy. All cause of little Miss Elena.

"This is Keraton. It used to be the home of the royalties of Yogyakarta."Stephan explains when we arrive at a magnificent place. Its not castle like. But it has this grand feeling about it that makes you feel at awe.

"Its beautiful,"I comment. "Do you know anything about its history?" I inquire. I really love history and wished to know more about Yogya's history.

Stephan shakes his head,"Sorry. I don't. I am not fond of history. But the place is very grand,no?"

"Mmhm.. it is." I reply. I feel like there is some sort of unknown tension between both of us.

We took photos around the place. I smiled for the photos,since when we get back,our families would want to see it. Stephan put on his smile too. But we both know we aren't happy.

"Lunch?" Stephan asks after awhile.

"Sure. What's for lunch?" I ask,my apetite getting the best of me.

"I am not sure. But I think I saw a bakso seller outside." He points outside the gates of Keraton.

"Okay. We can have that for lunch. Whatever it is." I say.

We headed to the street seller and Stephan orders for us. "Vermicelli or yellow noodles?" He asks.

"Um.. vermicelli? What are we actually eating?" I feel annoyed that he didn't explain what food we are eating like he normally would. Seems like our meeting with Elena has distanced us both.

"Bakso. Beefball noodle soup." He explains shortly.

Our order arrives and we eat right there on the street. To be honest the bakso tastes heavenly. The soup is savory and the beefballs are crunchy yet soft at the same time. It warms my tummy and fills my belly.

My company today however,is cold and distant. Why is he like this today?

We rode back in the becak to the hotel. James brought my shopping bags up to the room while we waited in the lobby. Hmm.. wonder why?

"Why aren't we going up?" I ask.

Stephan's jaw clenched and he replied,"I am taking you to another place. Stop asking annoying questions,will ya?" He lashes at me.

"I was simply asking,Stephan. I have a right to know too. But if you are like this because of Elena,you can always go run back to her. I would be perfectly fine alone." I lash back.

Stephan ran his hand through his hair. Before he could reply me,James had arrived and we left the hotel.

In the car,Stephan tried to apologize. He held my hand but I snatched it away. "Lexie,I am so sorry. I just.. got caught up." He pleaded with me.

"Don't call me that. Don't ever call me that,Stephan. Just forget about it. You can go flirt with other women if you want. I don't care," I replied and stared out the window.

"Alexa,please.. forgive me." He tries again.

"Of course I do. Because I have to. You are my husband. That is my only reason for forgiving you. Let it go,Stephan." I say,my tone clearly showing my sadness.

Seeing my reaction,Stephan said nothing further. I wanted to cry,but I can't. Crying doesn't come easily to me,even when I really need to.

We reached our destination about an hour later. The place was really crowded and there were plenty of foreign tourists like Stephan and I.

Ahead I saw this building. It looks old and has a very,very complicated architecture.

Curious about what building it is,wanting to ask Stephan but I was afraid he would burst at me again. So I walked towards the building,following the crowd and keeping my mouth shut.

"You can ask me about this building,Alexa. I won't burst at you again." Stephan says.

I avoided his glance,still afraid but I asked anyway,"Um..okay. Where are we?"

Stephan gently holds my hands while we walked towards the building,"This is the famous Candi Borobudur. Acknowledged by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site. It was built by the people here back then to perform religious Buddhist rituals. Still used to perform rituals actually."

I nod in reply, thankful for the information. I admired the scenery and this magnificent ancient architecture in front of me called Borobudur,wondering how the ancestors could create such a complex building.

"Alexa,I have something to tell you." Stephan breaks the silence.

Yay!! Another update!! Hope you like it. Btw, if I have any errors or typos or mistakes or if you are confused by what I wrote,please comment that instant. That way I can correct it immediately so others can read it with ease.

Please remember that this story is unedited. And that I may write chapters at odd hours when I am about to sleep,so it might not make sense. Also,typos are a regular for me. So please please please let me know if there are any mistakes. :)

Thanks guys!! Btw, the lady in red is how I picture Elena XD
xoxo EllaJ

P.S. ALEXA AND I ARE NOT THE SAME PERSON. THIS GOES TO MY REAL LIFE FRIENDS WHO READ MY STORY. WE ARE TWO VERY DIFFERENT PEOPLE. XD