XVii| Run

⋅⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Even if you cannot hear my voice

I'll be right beside you, dear

⋅⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

December 1978

Christmas was an event that Eve was incredibly fond of

Christmas was an event that Eve was incredibly fond of. She loved to watch the snow falling down to cover the streets; she would smile when she saw siblings playing in the snow with their parents laughing. Everything was just so nice in December.

The Potter and Brooks-Dale families would be spending Christmas together. Euphemia Potter was insistent that she and Fleamont were getting old now and they didn't want to miss any Christmas without their son and her son cared about Eve too much to not allow him to spend Christmas with her. Sirius was also joining them as Raina was spending it with her own parents.

The Ravenclaw and Gryffindor couple were aware of how amusing it was most likely going to be. Potter Manor was everything that a wizarding family were during Christmas and Eve knew it was going to be incredibly overwhelming for Michael, Kala and Kaden. Despite them growing up with Amanda doing magic for small tasks or healing grazes, seeing magic in a large amount amazed them.

"Eve, love, are you ready to go?" James questioned.

"Mhm,"Eve nodded,"Got everything?"

"I think — oh wait!"

James left Eve in the living room, running upstairs to fetch whatever he had forgotten. When he returned, Eve questioned what it was and he simply shook it off.

"Let's go!" James beamed, taking Eve's hand.

The two apparated to Potter Manor hand in hand. Everyone else was already sitting around the living room when they got there, they were the last ones. They all exchanged the usual greetings and a course of 'Merry Christmas' went around.

Eve handed everyone the gifts that she had brought. She had brought Kaden fudge flies since he had an obsession with them ever since Eve brought them home. She got Kala a book on potions (which was a dare since Kala believed that potions were just chemistry made with weird ingredients). Eve's step-sister grinned at her, giving her a side hug.

Spending time as a family had been nice for Eve. It was nice to be around people you were comfortable enough to laugh and joke around with. Well...apart from Amanda and Euphemia trying to embarrass their children with moments of their childhoods.

Eve and James were sure they had muttered, "I don't remember that," least thirty times.

"Oh son, why don't you give Eve her present," suggested Fleamont, giving his son a reassuring smile and wink.

"Oh yeah!"James beamed, taking Eve's hand and pulling her towards the kitchen.

Eve watched as James pulled out a perfectly wrapped rectangle box with a bow on top. It was decorated in Blue and Silver, which Eve found rather sweet. Carefully, she unwrapped the box and pulled the lid off the box. Instead was a shining silver key.

"What's this?"

"That is a key to the house I just brought," said James,"And I was wondering if you wanted to live in it with me..."

Eve looked down at the key and back up to James. This seemed to go for a minute or two, James growing worried.

"If you think it's a little too fast, I don't mind," said James softly,"You don't have to be there permanently, It's okay to say no Evie."

"I mean...we're practically living together now. It might make it a little easier, nice to have our own space," said Eve carefully,"And If it doesn't work then we can cross that bridge when we get to it."

"I really love you Eve," James beamed, taking her face in his hands and kissing her,"I don't know what you did to me but it's the best thing that ever happened."

Eve smiled, heat rising to her cheeks. Even after a year and a half, James Potter was managing to make her flustered over small words.

"You realise, that if we're living together, that I'm a terrible cook," Eve mentioned, rubbing her arm,"I might poison you if I cook and I don't really want to..."

"Lucky for you, Eve, I'm a great cook thanks to mum," James put an arm over her shoulder," Or so I like to think."

"I should be worried then?" Eve teased, "Considering you think you were the hottest boy at the school."

"Don't tease, Evie," James groaned,"You know I was the hottest boy—"

"Shut up."

"Okay."

⋅⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

As the war raged on, people seemed to be doing things for the sake of not being able to do them again. People were getting engaged from the fear that they would be dead before they had ever gotten married. The world was slowly going mental.

In a different world, Eve wouldn't have moved in with James when they were just months from being nineteen. And don't get her wrong, she was staying over with James most nights (vice versa) but living with someone was different.

James and Eve were lucky; neither had many habits that annoyed the other person despite having opposite personalities. It was nice that they had their own space without having anyone else around unless they wanted. The months seemed to drift away from them too quickly for their liking.

Eve saw another side to James, a side where he was funny and more marauder-like than he had been with Eve originally (because he knew he couldn't scare her away now) and Eve loved him even more than possible. James saw the more confident side of Eve, even if she did have some small moments of panic, and it surprised him. She made more sarcastic comments to James and the two were overall more comfortable with each other.

"Eve, have you seen the parchment?" James Potter called from living in the small house.

"You left it on the table in the kitchen!"Eve yelled from the bathroom,"Are you blind?"

"Kind of!" James yelled back.

Eve rolled her eyes with a smile, continuing to place her hair into a ponytail. She had just gotten out of the shower while James cooked for them; He was a rather good cook to Eve's surprise. When Eve had gotten dressed, she made her way back downstairs.

"What did you need the parchment for?" Eve asked James, giving him a quick kiss.

"Oh Sirius wrote to me, I thought I better respond. He wants to meet us before the meeting." James replied,"Have you spoken to Moony lately? I haven't heard from him."

"Yeah, once to tell me that he and Kala were going on another date," Eve replied,"And to tell me that Lily needed some girl advice."

"You're abandoning me for an entire day?" James whined.

"James, you were fine without me for six years," Eve laughed,"Why don't you and Sirius go visit Peter?"

"Maybe that's not a bad idea. "James nodded.

"The pancakes are burning, "Eve gasped.

She moved around James in order to take the pan off the stove. As she emptied the pancake onto the plates, she felt James wrap his arms around her torso. He kissed her neck softly.

"How about we ditch the pancakes?"

Favourite Death Eater?

1)Bellatrix

2)Lucius

3)Regulus

4)Barty Crouch Jr

5)Name another!

Edited.