Chapter 10

Kiara

I was walking past Declan's office. Suddenly I hear arguing. I stopped to listen.

I swear I don't mean to eavesdrop. But I need some drama, it's getting too boring out here.

"I want Kiara gone!" I hear Felix shout.

Don't worry, you and me both dude.

"That isn't up to you." I hear Declan say in an icy cold voice.

"She doesn't belong here why don't you fucking believe me!" Felix shouts again.

Who says I want to be here. I stop myself from scoffing.

"Why? Why are you so bloody hell bent on that. She belongs here with her family!" Declan says, raising his voice.

'Family' I mentally scoff. The family that left me with a druggie.

"Maybe you're her family, I'm not! I never will be!" He starts.

"I don't want to be related to a spoiled brat. She's a waste of fucking space. Even mom chose death over her." Felix mocks.

Oh okay, that hurt.

I can't hear more. I run away from there to my room. Locking the door I fall down leaning against the door. I burst into tears.

I go to the corner of my room. I sit down tucking my knees to my chest and cry.

"It's okay I won't choose me either." My voice cracks. With tears rolling down my face.

I blankly stare into space, while uncontrollable tears roll down my face like a waterfall.

"I hate him" I whisper quietly.

All my instincts screamed 'run away'

Run away.
It is a powerful instinct.

I cried myself to sleep that day, tried so fucking tried with every damn person in my miserable life including me.

-×-×-

I decide to wear grey sweatpants and a black crop top. I look in the mirror and remind myself, "Stop being so weak and grow up."

Looking around my newly redecorated room and smiling. Declan hired an interior designer to help me with it.

Today I have a new motive. I'm going to run away.

Thankfully everyone's busy. Declan and Aaron are at work. The rest of the boys are in the gaming room.

I grab a tote bag and put my earphones, books, my pocket knife, a hoodie, a power bank, my wallet and my new iPhone in it.

Ohh I forgot to mention that Aaron bought me a whole apple ecosystem that day at the mall. I refused to take the MacBook and iPad saying it was unnecessary, but I eventually caved in.

I sneak out of the house and let out a breath of relief. Step 1 accomplished.

Now Step 2: getting past the guards.

I quietly go to the backyard wall, since there aren't any guards there. I carefully climb up the wall. Finally I land on the other side of the wall.

Step 2 is also done. I grin satisfied with my secret agent skills.

I'm going to a secret park which I used to go to as a kid whenever I was sad. The park isn't so far away, it only takes fifteen minutes to get there by foot.

No one's at the park because it's private property. Which is a huge jackpot for me, so no socializing just me.

A smile overcomes my face, at seeing the huge pink dogwood tree. I go sit under the tree and take in the smell of the flowers. I close my eyes and enjoy the moment.