𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗦𝗜𝗫𝗧𝗬 𝗙𝗢𝗨𝗥

┏━━━━━━━━━━┓chapter sixty four: an eye for an eye┗━━━━━━━━━━┛

┏━━━━━━━━━━┓
chapter sixty four:
an eye for an eye
┗━━━━━━━━━━┛

KLAUS LOOKED EMOTIONLESS AS HE TOOK A PAINTING OFF THE WALL. He revealed a safe that was built into the wall. He put in the combination to open it. He took a wooden box, which he opened carefully as he walked away. Inside the box was a stack of old letters in old envelopes.

"You collect trophies from all your victims?" Freya asked, incredulously.

"Letters to their loved ones, to be specific." Elijah corrected.

"It was a phase." Klaus defended.

"A phase where we were forced to learn a different kind of stealth." Leviana mumbled. Over time, Klaus' enemies grew so big , we had no choice but to very carefully withdraw from the world."

Klaus gave her an offended look, Leviana gave him a pointed one.

"Well, I wouldn't exactly describe our presence in this city as discrete." Elijah said. "Wouldn't you agree, Niklaus?l

"We all saw the white oak destroyed!" Klaus shouted, "Plus, this city is crawling with vampires, all of whom had no choice but to shield me from potential foes! Were I to die, they would die, too. I couldn't have been more safe! And now my sire link is undone. Those very foes will come for me . . . Like never before."

Freya sighed. "It's only been a few days since the link was broken. Must you jump into crippling paranoia already?"

"It's a default setting." Leviana stated.

"And for good reason!" Klaus snapped.

"Well, Niklaus, if it offers you any solace whatsoever, you've ransacked Aya's belongings, torched Aurora's hunting ground, and obliterated every last splinter of the white oak." Elijah said calmly.

"I would be mad to believe that."

"Perhaps you should see a certain therapist." Leviana said suggestively.

Klaus rolled his eyes and walked away from her with a huff.

"Every last splinter? You're sure?" Freya asked.

Elijah and Leviana stayed silent.

HAYLEY SAT IN HER BEDROOM AT THE END OF HER BED. She had a list of names, some including Aurora de Martel, Aya Al-Rashed, Takahashi Fukuda, Arthur Bailey, Cadence Flynn, Isaac Pack. Aya and Aurora's names were scratched off. Leviana walked into the room, causing her to quickly crumple up the list in her hands.