16 - Surprise

6:00 AM.

Karma ran up to you with arms extended. You were about to stand up when his body just uncontrollably crashed into yours. He looked into your eyes with tears streaming down his cheeks.

"Y/n. I missed you," he said, choking on air or something.

"I missed you too."

The two of you brought your faces closer to each other, centimeters away.

That's when Kayano came and joined the " group hug."

"Y/NNN!!!"

Eventually, the rest of the students huddled around you, joining the embrace.

That's when you smelled something. Two things.

"Hey blondie, did you bring something..?" you asked.

"Hehe, of course you'd notice."

Nakamura revealed a small white box from her bag, opening it to reveal a little cake with (f/c) icing.

"We figured, it's been a year since we met you, so we're considering it a celebration!"

Everyone nodded and cheered in agreement.

"In case you didn't know... I've been doing work on my own each night," Okuda said. "Theres a surprise inside the cake. The reverse anti-matter treatment."

Your eyes widened at the information as you looked down towards the cake.

Smiling gratefully, you brought a serving towards your mouth.

That's when you received another surprise.

A nice whip to the face.

A tentacle traveled across the grounds, cutting into your face and causing the cake to fall out of your reach as you went flying into the dirt.

The whips smashed down into the box over and over, numerous times. Destroying the surprise and bringing another instead.

The cake was dirt at that point. There was no way it could be separated.

"Surprise~"

You held your wounded face as it regenerated. A figure slowly approached you.

"Standard weakness, time after regeneration. A perfect time to fight you, test subject 222."

You looked up to see a man clothed in white standing in front of you, tentacles floating around his body.

"Y/n. Take this," Okuda said, secretly handing you a glass vial. The treatment.

Before you could open the flask and consume the contents, the figure cut your hand off and smashed the flask to bits. At Mach 60.

Your eyes held anger.

"Shiro. You have no right to be here."

You defended you and your classmates with tears, not understanding why the scientist was back.

"What do you mean, test subject 222? I have every right to return to my experiment. I own you."

You stood your ground, staring at his white figure.

"Then leave my friends out of this. If you hurt them, you'll never see tomorrow."

"Confident are we? As you can see, test subject-"

"I HAVE A NAME. IT IS L/N," you bellowed.

"Well, l/n. You can see that I took my time to make myself an experiment. Since those two failures couldn't handle the pain, I had to take the initiative and do it myself to kill you," he said, pointing to Kayano and Itona.