Chapter 1

If you like Wattpad comment,
If you are amazing voteee

That life altering event happened two years ago.

I knew from that moment that I walked out from that Pizza Hut everything would change.

History would be re-written. But now it wouldn't be written in the textbooks that the children would read because there would be no one to write the story. The story of what happened that day on June 18, 2052.

Now, after those two years I live in New York, the place where my new life was supposed to begin. I mean I guess I did start a new life but not in the way I had ever imagined.

NYC wasn't a city anymore. It was just a small grid on a map. A small grid on a map that would cease to exist. There was no bustling of people, no taxi's honking down fifth avenue, no smell of the pollution which clouded the air.

I mean that's what New York City was before the apocolapyse right? At least that's what I heard...

I mentally sigh thinking about everything that's happened over the two years.

On my way riding from Ontario to NY was the worst. I first started riding my bike since that was the only mode of transportation I had. I knew I had to find a car or a truck or something that could carry weapons and food. But that day I was too delirious, too tired to think of anything that would help me out in the future.

My parents, my parents... well that's another mournful story for another time.

I finally did find an old beat up jeep on the side of the road, hot-wired the car like in the movies and drove off. Just drove.

Driving was one of the worst things to do at that one point because one, I didn't know how to drive and trying to drive away from the zombies emerging in Ontario while learning to drive at the same time proved to be difficult. Second was watching the cities I passed, looking deserted and empty. Watching the streets was the worst though. I remember driving through upstate NY and I saw one of the most goriest things I had ever seen at that point in my life.

And this nightmare comes back to haunt me every single night.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Driving through a highway to New York I saw a little girl and woman being chased by a swarm of the infected. The little girl seemed to be 12 years old running ahead of the mother who was lagging behind.

I park my jeep, grab a metal bat from my trunk (don't judge me its not like I had time to learn how to use a gun in the car) and start to speed walk towards them.

"Isabella!" the mother screamed, trying to run from the infected who were hot on her tail.

"You have to keep running from them, are you listening to me?"

Isabella turned around tears streaming down her face and shrieked, "Mommy you can't leave me alone! You promised after daddy left you wouldn't leave me behind too! You promised!"

The woman starts crying and with a determined look on her face last she runs towards her daughter, leaving the zombies behind for the moment.

She looks at her daughter and gives a tear eyed smile.

"Isabella you have to promise me to stay strong for me even as the years come by without mommy or daddy okay? Sometimes in life God says that people need to leave early to go help out somewhere else. Mommy and daddy love you. Don't ever forget that."

I started to sprint, the clock ticking inside my head knowing what that mother was going to do.

The mother givers her daughter one last hug and kiss on the cheek before walking straight towards the zombies who rush hungrily towards her.