viii

she may look innocent, but she knows how to leave her mark.

-j

꧁꧂

"When will you get your cast removed?" Grandma asks as Lorelai and Rory walk in. 

"Depends on my appointment Saturday morning. If it is all the way healed, I will be in a brace. If it isn't healed I'll be in the cast for 2 more weeks." I answer her. 

"So you'll be skipping more classes?" Lorelai asks. Grandma stops moving and looks at me. I stop in my movement toward the dining room and stare at Lorelai. 

"What do you mean skipping class Lorelai? Have you not been going like your supposed to be Victorie?" Grandma immodestly questions. I look at Rory and see her smirking as Lorelai talks.

"Rory has told me that Victorie doesn't come to the girls' classes together for weeks now," Lorelai tells grandma. Grandma looks at me questioning what she was just told. 

"Oh, I apologize, you weren't informed. I am not in the classes with Rory anymore. I am on the path to graduating a year early, and I'm currently taking my Junior year classes." I state shooting Rory a death glare. 

Lorelai shakes her head and looks at grandma, "How much did you pay for her to be moved up a year in her classes? There's no way she got there herself. Rory is the smart one of the two." 

Grandma shakes her head. "Lorelai, Victorie did it all herself. She is one of the brightest girls her age and is already lined up for Yale. You would know that if you were in her life. Now dinner is ready and there's no reason to let it get cold." With that, we head to the dinner table. 

"So tell me about the formal" Grandma says toward I'm assuming Rory, as we all, other than Grandpa, sit around the dinner table. Lorelai and Grandma go back and forth for a few minutes before Rory speaks up.

"I don't think I'm going to go." She says. I roll my eyes and zone out until I hear my name. 

"Victorie. Which of the boys are you taking to the formal?" Grandma asks me.

"Logan. Finn is still at his boarding school outside of this country, and Collin is busy with a gala." I answer. I just talked to Logan today about the formal. 

"Do you know what color dress you are wanting? I plan to have a seamstress here tomorrow. You as well Rory." Grandma states.

"I'm going to make Rory's dress mom," Lorelai exclaims. 

"I was thinking a dark red or black, either will match my cast. If I wear a dark red dress, then I will wear my black heels." I answer grandmas question. "I'm going to work on homework, thank you for dinner," I tell her as I get up from the table. I try to leave the living room as quickly as possible to avoid having Lorelai and Grandma arguing about Rory. 

꧁꧂

The week went by quickly, I got my dress for the formal, and today I find out about the cast.  

"The break is healing nicely, you won't have to be put back into a cast. But you will have to wear a brace. And you will need to be careful, after breaking it once, it will be easier to break again." The doctor tells me before they take off my cast. Once I'm shown how to wear my brace, I head home to get ready for the formal. 

I walk into the house as quietly as possible to avoid Grandma. I'm planning to let her see my cast-less hand after I'm ready for the formal. I tiptoe up to my room and change out of my street clothes.