Caitlyn's Room

Vi's POV (scene extended from Arcane s1 ep8)

"Who lives here? Another Councilor friend of yours?"

Suddenly the door flew open to an older
Woman holding a riffle on us both. I froze at the sight. "Caitlyn!"

Oh good she knows her. Wait is that her Mo-

"Caitlyn oh we were so worried."

Oh God her Dad?!

Ok just stay still they're ignoring you... "you found a stray...."

I'm not paying attention to whatever they're saying. What the?.. Holy shit are we in her room?!

The door closes. I'm left alone. What just happened?...

Just stood there for a minute. Umm. What do I do they're not coming back... hmm this bed looks comfy. Plop...

Trying to reconcile the last couple of days but I just can't. Everything has been absolutely crazy. I've been in Stillwater for the better part of a decade. My sister has gone crazy - She tried to kill us. And now I'm laying on a beautiful Pilltie woman's bed in the biggest house I've ever seen. What is happening?

You know what it's fine just go with it... I think they're yelling downstairs... I roll over
onto the end of her bed and see all of these papers and a giant map of the Undercity on her floor.

Wow, she's fuckin' brilliant. Why would she waste her time on me, on the Undercity? This is crazy... she's not at all like I thought she would be. I mean she's saved me and now I've got to keep her safe.

Caitlyn walks back in, "we'll present our case to the Council - tonight."

"You did all this yourself?..."

She laid down next to me and I just felt all my anxiety fade away. She's so easy to talk to now. I tell her a story of Powder and Me when we were kids. I just can't get this out of mind. How much she's changed and I'm feeling so much guilt. I really just wanted to tell Caitlyn everything. I longed for her to accept me.

"... Then a real monster showed up and I just walked away."

She grazed my cheek with her hand gently, I grabbed it and held on tight. She looked at me with so much heart I nearly melted. Why does this girl I barely know make me feel this way? This safe.

We just stayed like that for a while peering into each others eyes. Then I looked away closing my eyes. I went to turn onto my back again but she stopped me and grabbed my arm.

"It's not your fault. None of it is Vi."

"I left her. I was so angry the night Vander died. Powder had set off a series of explosions trying to save us but it ended up killing our brothers and then Vander. I just lost it. I hit her and I left her. She cried after me, she was so little, and I didn't turn around. Then when I did someone came up from behind me and everything went black. I woke up in Stillwater..."

"Oh Vi... that's. No one should have to go through that. I am so sorry!" She reached over me and just hugged me tight putting her head on my chest.

She sat up. "I hate what we've done to you. There's so much we've turned a blind eye on."

"We? Caitlyn you've done nothing but look out for me since I've known you. You saved me..." I sat up halfway on my elbow. I reached out to hold her shoulder. "Thank you for being there for me. You didn't have to.."

"Yes well someone had to save your ass." She smirked.

"Hey, hey I'm supposed to do the saving." We laughed a little. And we sat up beside each other.

"Let's get cleaned up. We could both use it."

"Ha I haven't had a shower alone in years... it's ok you go."

"You sure? It's a big shower."

What? What was she saying? I think I blushed, "uh yeah I'm ok."

"Hmm later then."

Later? Man she's so cute.

"Let's just sleep for now. Im exhausted aren't you?"  She said.

"Yeah I really am."

We drifted off back on the bed together. Facing each other. I stirred a little while later. She smiled and rolled over toward me. I got up just slowly pacing the room.

"Cait thanks for everything."

"I don't know if there's much to thank me for, there's still so much to be done. The way the council has created the blockade along with everything else. It's only a matter of time before an uprising... you know that happened once when I was a child."

"Ya I know... That's how my parents died."

She just stared at me and I could't help a tear rolling down my cheek.

"Vi, I am so sorry."

"Huh, well you didn't have anything to do with it. If you had maybe things would have been different." I smirked a little wiping my face.

She walked over slowly and threw her arms around me pulling me in. I just took it, like I had taken her hand. I didn't want to let go. It felt so good to feel someone again. That kind touch. Her warm embrace. We both just cried a little. I had never felt vulnerable like this before. Never this intimate with anyone. She was so kind and sincere I didn't know anyone existed like that. Maybe she is the only one.

She pulled back looking down at me slightly then our faces were really close. I could feel her breathe on my face. And we both just calmed looking at one another. I wanted to kiss her but I didn't want to make that first move, I didn't know what she wanted.

**knock knock knock**
"Caitlyn? It's time!"

We both let out a little chuckle and she closed her eyes bashfully putting her hair behind her ear.

"Come on. Let's do this together." She smiled. She reached for my hand and led me to the door.