||4||

"My whole life you rearranged, my outlook on love have changed."

- Honey bee by Diana Ross and The Supremes.

The faintest smell of pancakes filtered into Tori's bedroom the next morning

The faintest smell of pancakes filtered into Tori's bedroom the next morning. Her nose wrinkled slightly at the surprising smell. Slowly she opened her eyes, taking a moment to stretch as she shuffled to the end of the bed. She looked to the other side of the bed, frowning at the absence of her mate.

Opening the door to her room, caused the amber-eyed girl to squint her eyes at the harsh stream of daylight that slapped her in the face. Her arm covered her eyes as she left the room and began walking down the hallway. She cursed the Cullens windowed design of the house only for this reason.

Tori descended the stairs, the smell of fresh maple syrup-covered pancakes luring her to the kitchen. Despite seeing the large stack of pancakes of the isle, a frown made it's way onto her face at the lack of company. As she approached, she caught sight of a small piece of paper laying beside her plate and cutlery. She took a seat at the bar table, picking up the piece of paper as she stabbed her pancakes with the other.

Good morning Tori, We are sorry we won't be home when you wake up. We are making arrangements for our leave later today, we will be back shortly. Edward stayed home to ensure you wouldnt be alone. I hope you enjoy your breakfast dear.

Love Esme

Tori smiles, feeling a little sense of relief. It was sweet of Esme to make her breakfast despite not being here. She felt cared for. A smile made it's way onto her lips as she forked another mouthful of pancakes.

The silence was surprisingly calming. Her mind began to wonder about how the day would unravel. The Cullens were handing in last-minute resignation letters to their work and school, as well as making arrangements with flights. Tori hummed in thought, trying to avoid the sadness that threatened to overtake her happy mood as she thought on how to address her leaving, to her loved ones. The pack wasn't much of a concern, considering she could come to visit when she deemed fit. She would give Paul a call later before leaving, wishing him well and to inform Sam of her temporary leave. She would ask to meet with Angela in person. The kindhearted girl deserved a goodbye in person, she meant a lot to Tori.

Bella was the difficult goodbye. Tori sighed as she thought about the reasoning. If Tori were to tell Bella she was leaving, before Edward had the chance to, it could cause more heartache for him than needed. On the other hand, after Edward has bid goodbye, she couldn't begin to imagine how Bella would react. He was her world. Tori didn't think it would be wise to show up after her heart gets broke, to add to the pain.

Her appetite was suddenly lost as the realisation dorned. She couldn't say goodbye to Bella. Not in person, not today. She would have to tell her a few days later, once she had already left. Tori tried to reason with the optimistic side. Bella would be safe. She would have a future with the possibility of children and grandchildren. She could live a human life.

Tori rose from her seat, cleaning up her mess before making her way back upstairs. Edward was here, to make sure she wasn't all alone in their large house. She had yet to hear a sound from him. Tori approached his closed bedroom door. A wave of nervousness washed over her as she raised her hand, knocking on the wooden door gently.