── ✱ ⵌ 𖤐 𝐈𝐂𝐇𝐈𝐘𝐎

❝ 𝙱𝙻𝙾𝙾𝙳 𝙸𝚂 𝚃𝙷𝙸𝙲𝙺𝙴𝚁 𝚃𝙷𝙰𝙽 𝚂𝙴𝚇 ❞

"Ichiyo," Chris rasped in my ear, as his grip on my waist tightened. I bit my lip. It sent a chill through my body whenever he said my name like he did, and it took everything in me not to go back on my morals.

I had snuck to Chris's house—well, not exactly snuck, but I had lied to Jahseh about where I was going. I didn't have to but I just didn't want him all over my ass. Jahseh wasn't stupid, I'm sure he figured out by now that half the times I went out that I wasn't where I said I was. If it bothered him, he wasn't saying anything about it.

Chris's hands traveled up my shirt, his thumbs massaging the skin just below my ribs. I fought the urge to remind Chris that I wasn't going anywhere, and that he didn't have to grab at me like some ravenous animal. I almost cracked myself up at the thought and stopped myself from laughing.

My phone rang in my back pocket, and when I checked the caller ID I almost rolled my eyes. It was as if I thought him up, because there was Jahseh calling me. I knew that he wasn't going to call me and tell me that I needed to come home, because he never did shit like that. It was 10:41 pm, and I had left the house sometime around four. I really did go to the mall with Zaria for a while, but sometime around eight, we called it a night and I got an Uber to Chris's house.

"My dad's calling me, don't say anything," I said instinctively. Chris nodded and I answered Jahseh's call.

"Hey," I said.

"Hey, you okay?" Jahseh asked. He sounded like he had just woken up.

"Yeah, you just waking up?"

"Yeah, I set an alarm but I slept through it. Me and Xiorra was taking a nap."

"Well I'm alright, what's up?"

"Get home safely whenever you decide to come home..." The rest of whatever Jahseh was saying didn't get through to my ears because I was distracted by Chris's lips on my neck, sucking in one spot. I knew he was trying to give me a hickey, so I gently pushed him a little to remind him not to. Even though I knew that Jahseh wouldn't trip, I still didn't want him seeing me like that. I didn't want his suspicions about me doing stuff with guys to be confirmed. Like, for him to see it with his own eyes. As much as I didn't like Jahseh, I didn't want his opinion of me to change, or for him to see me any differently.

"Yeah, I know," I said. "I'll leave in the next twenty minutes."

"You need me to come pick you up?"

"No," I said quickly. "No, no, I'll get an Uber."

"Aight, just be safe, okay?"

"I will."

"Aight. I love you."

"Love you too," I replied, and ended the phone call.

"What your old man say? You gotta leave?" Chris asked.

"I gotta be home by midnight, you know the rules," I lied. "So I'll be leaving in the next twenty minutes or so."