Chapter 2: Making Friends

I could already hear the distant crowds forming outside of my classroom in the corridors. It seems everyone was already making their move to explore the school and meet new people.

Now here I sat, wondering what my first move should be.

Scanning the classroom as quickly as possible, I noticed quite a few people already leaving such as Kitagawa and her friends and Jeanne.

I had came to a few different routes I could take from here.

A. I could try talking to my neighbour, Sakaki. However she does not seem interested in even communicating with people, so I don't think it'll be a good idea.

B. I could talk to the guy in front of me, Kurosaki. He seems really normal and calm. He would be the safest option, especially since he was currently still sat and simply on his phone.

And C. Pick another person that is currently alone to talk to.

Among the three options I presented myself, my mind fell to the second one.

Looking forward to see the back of Kurosaki's head, I decided I would introduce myself to him first.

Here goes nothing I guess.

I uplift myself off the seat slightly and tap Kurosaki's right shoulder, to which he lifted his head up from his phone and shifted his gaze at me and over his shoulder with a confused expression.

"Hey there. I just thought I should introduce myself properly to you since you're right in front of me. It's nice to meet you Kurosaki." I was actually able to let out a good greeting. Good job Kiyotaka.

"Oh, it's good to meet you too dude. You can just call me Ichigo, you were Ayanokouji right?" It seemed he remembered my name. "Yes. Do you know anyone in this school from your middle school?" I decided to raise a question upon him.

He shook his head, " Nope. You?" He gave me a curious look. "Same here. Do you want to maybe go around together and meet some of the others in our class still?"

He smiled at me. "Y'know what? Sure. I guess there's no point in keeping all to myself, might as well get used to this place and the people while as soon as possible." He spoke as he stood up from his seat, one hand in his pocket.

A loud pair of footsteps suddenly approached however.

"Hey! We overheard you two a little. It's great to meet ya' guys." Only one person with such powerful footsteps could approach and be friendly. It was Riki, and he was also accompanied by Shun surprisingly.

"Nendou, stop barging into peoples conversations like that man." Shun actually spoke and acted... normally? So he really was just putting up some act earlier.

"It's fine. It's a pleasure to meet you two." I said as I greeted the two, Ichigo followed suit and greeted them as well.

"Would you look at that, we're all already best buds!" Riku said happily as he put his arms up in some sort of victory stance. We literally just met though.

Ichigo laughed awkwardly. "Haha.. oh, do you guys want to head off and check out the other sites in this school. We could also meet other students from other classes." Ichigo suggested to the 3 of us.

"I'm fine with that." I slid my opinion in, it seemed Riki and Shun also agreed.

So of course, off we went. I inspected the class one last time before we left, I saw Sakaki was still sat by herself reading. Hikigaya was sleeping once again, and Kawasaki was on her phone. Everyone else in the class including my group had now departed.